The Student Room Group

im stll getting acne and idk why

I've had acne for 4 years, im 17 now. My acne randomly gets better and then just gets worse, ik this is to do with hormones but i feel like it shouldnt be this bad. when i see someone getting hormonally acne, they show only 4 spots but i have like 6-8. i'm not sure what to do, i went to a derm and they gave me a cream but its no longer giving me clear skin, my skin is just staying consistent and while i should be happy that its come a long way, its draining to see others finnaly having clear skin when i've been suffering for longer, had it worse and even did research on what skin type i had and what sort of products are suitable for me.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I've had acne for 4 years, im 17 now. My acne randomly gets better and then just gets worse, ik this is to do with hormones but i feel like it shouldnt be this bad. when i see someone getting hormonally acne, they show only 4 spots but i have like 6-8. i'm not sure what to do, i went to a derm and they gave me a cream but its no longer giving me clear skin, my skin is just staying consistent and while i should be happy that its come a long way, its draining to see others finnaly having clear skin when i've been suffering for longer, had it worse and even did research on what skin type i had and what sort of products are suitable for me.

If you feel like you acne is getting worse maybe go see your dermatologists or your gp again . There are many factors that can cause acne such as stress and diet. You could try switching up your diet by drinking more water or eating more healthier. Also please dont feel too self conscious about your acne as it is a normal part of growing up and there is nothing wrong with it.
Reply 2
Your still a teenager keep working on your treatments drink plenty water if you wear makeup completely stop wearing it and tbh I tried kojic acid soap when I was your age it helped me but no ones the same but literally you should hit a stage where it all just goes
Reply 3
my acne only really went away after 6 months of antibiotics and using epiduo which the gp will prescribe you. if that doesn’t help then accutane is probably the most extreme solution for severe acne
Reply 4
ive had acne for 7 years, im 17 too, were still teenagers, we will still get acne, some 20 something year olds do, i know adults do, if dermo- cream isnt working (it seems like it might have been steroid cream? or was it normal cream), diet change (i know people who say stopping milk reduced the amount of acne they have), reduce stress, better skin care routine and patience, your acne may or may not clear either way it wont be the same time as others
Reply 5
my acne only really went away after 6 months of antibiotics and using epiduo which the gp will prescribe you. if that doesn’t help then accutane is probably the most extreme solution for severe acne

the cream they gave me actually is epiduo! it used to work at first but now it seems like my skin is just not responsive to it, im trying to get my hands on smt stronger but idk
Reply 6
the cream they gave me actually is epiduo! it used to work at first but now it seems like my skin is just not responsive to it, im trying to get my hands on smt stronger but idk

https://www.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/comments/7pt4li/epiduo_not_working_bs_from_my_derm_help_acne/
Reply 7

For over eight years, I had it. Thank God, it no longer exists. I've observed many individuals seeing dermatologists. However, it seldom turns out to be a wise choice. The last two products I used were from CeraVe, a retinol oil cream and another pharmaceutical (can't recall the name). They really helped me to get rid of it. On the contrary, it gets away after a certain period.
Reply 8

omg i'll read into this more thank you so much. this can be a game changer!

Quick Reply

Latest