The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

I FAILED to meet the english requirement of LSE, will I still have a chance?

Hi there, I am an international student. LSE requires me to get B above in GCSE english unfortunately I failed to achieve that level which means I will be absolutely miss my offer. However ,I did get an IELTS score of 7.5.Does it mean that I will be rejected by LSE? Has anyone who failed the requirement still got into LSE?
Equivalent to IELTS 7.0: B or 6 in GCSE English Language or GCSE English Literature.

Queen Mary University will consider both GCSE English Language and GCSE English Literature to satisfy our English Language Requirements, according to the IELTS equivalencies below.

I'm not sure which uni you've intended to apply, btw the informations above seem to be sufficient enough to answer your question.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by heybuddyyy
I'm not sure which uni you've intended to apply

Perhaps you didn't notice the forum the thread is in, or forgot to read the thread's tiltle, or, indeed, the OP?

OP, the only people who can help you are in LSE's admissions team, though, with an IELTS attainment of 7.5 you have cause for mild optimism.
Reply 3
Original post by Good bloke
Perhaps you didn't notice the forum the thread is in, or forgot to read the thread's tiltle, or, indeed, the OP?

OP, the only people who can help you are in LSE's admissions team, though, with an IELTS attainment of 7.5 you have cause for mild optimism.

Original post by Anonymous
Hi there, I am an international student. LSE requires me to get B above in GCSE english unfortunately I failed to achieve that level which means I will be absolutely miss my offer. However ,I did get an IELTS score of 7.5.Does it mean that I will be rejected by LSE? Has anyone who failed the requirement still got into LSE?

Hi - I'm in a similar situation - I've submitted my IELTS result late because I needed to retake it and I'm also an international student. Did LSE reply and did they grant a deferral or a waiver? Or did you choose to firm another university's offer?

Many thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending