The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Ielts requirement for London school of economics

I had to take the ielts to be able to apply for London school of economics. The minimum requirements were a 7 overall (out of 9) and 6.5 for each section. I managed to get an 8 overall with grades above 8 for listening, speaking and reading. However I got a 6 in writing (due to lack of sleep before taking the test). So, do I have to take the test again or can the university be lenient with that.
Reply 1
Original post by Adam Ba
I had to take the ielts to be able to apply for London school of economics. The minimum requirements were a 7 overall (out of 9) and 6.5 for each section. I managed to get an 8 overall with grades above 8 for listening, speaking and reading. However I got a 6 in writing (due to lack of sleep before taking the test). So, do I have to take the test again or can the university be lenient with that.

Hello, it is not necessary to meet our English language requirements at the time of application. If you are made an offer, this will be conditional on achieving the scores listed on our English Language page.

The standard IELTS (Academic) requirement is 7.0 overall, with a 7.0 overall and a 6.5 in the Reading, Listening, Writing and Speaking sections. As your current Writing score does not fulfil this requirement, if you are made an offer, you will need to re-take IELTS or obtain an alternative accepted English language qualification.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by LSE
Hello, it is not necessary to meet our English language requirements at the time of application. If you are made an offer, this will be conditional on achieving the scores listed on our English Language page.

The standard IELTS (Academic) requirement is 7.0 overall, with a 7.0 overall and a 6.5 in the Reading, Listening, Writing and Speaking sections. As your current Writing score does not fulfil this requirement, if you are made an offer, you will need to re-take IELTS or obtain an alternative accepted English language qualification.

Hi Im actually an undergraduate conditional offer of LSE. My overall ielts score is 8.0. However, my writing is only 6.5. I do know that that LSE website stated that they expect an overall band 7.0, with each component achieving 7.0 too. In my case, will I be exempted if I try to email the admission team?
Original post by Loussssoo
Hi Im actually an undergraduate conditional offer of LSE. My overall ielts score is 8.0. However, my writing is only 6.5. I do know that that LSE website stated that they expect an overall band 7.0, with each component achieving 7.0 too. In my case, will I be exempted if I try to email the admission team?

You can ask but they will almost certainly tell you that you'll need to take another test. I would probably book one now rather than waiting for a response from them.
Original post by Admit-One
You can ask but they will almost certainly tell you that you'll need to take another test. I would probably book one now rather than waiting for a response from them.

Hi there, I actually took the test again and passed the ielts requirement!! May I just ask if you know where do I submit my following ielts results to LSE. I am told to fill in a questionnaire regarding the English requirement a few weeks ago, but did not get any further guidance on how do I send it to LSE. Just wanna ask if you know where can I submit it. Thanks a lot in advance!!
Original post by Loussssoo
Hi there, I actually took the test again and passed the ielts requirement!! May I just ask if you know where do I submit my following ielts results to LSE. I am told to fill in a questionnaire regarding the English requirement a few weeks ago, but did not get any further guidance on how do I send it to LSE. Just wanna ask if you know where can I submit it. Thanks a lot in advance!!

Usually you would either email or upload (if they have an applicant portal) a copy of your score report document. The central admissions team is your best bet if you email it.
Reply 6
Original post by LSE

@LSE -Admissions Hello, I currently hold an offer for LLB Law (M100), I have obtained the required results on my IELTS (Academic) test but my test result has expired as I took it 2 years ago. I tried reaching out to my previous school in Hong Kong to upload my IGCSE English as a First Language A certificate in July, but the school was closed and only recently reopened in August. I was only able to reach my school counsellor this past week because I have left the school for 2 years and did not take my A-levels with them. My school counsellor has now uploaded the certificate but the upload was 2 weeks after the deadline. Since I was unsure whether I could reach the counselor in time before this, I also booked an IELTS test and will get my results on the 20th of August. I have been trying to contact undergraduate admissions through the portal and via email for the past few weeks but have not received a reply. Would LSE accept my IGCSE English Language A certificate (without the Spoken Language endorsement or Speaking and Listening component) given that I studied in the UK for my A-levels in the past two years and my previous secondary school taught the curriculum in English? Do I have to submit my IELTS result on the 20th?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending