The Student Room Group

wrong way down a one way street

i’ve just driven the wrong way down a one way road, i was coming out of a car park and missed the signs. i have p plates on my car and the person coming towards me just signalled for me to turn around. will i get in trouble for this? i only passed my driving test a week ago, i’m so anxious rn
Original post by l1vgr4ce
i’ve just driven the wrong way down a one way road, i was coming out of a car park and missed the signs. i have p plates on my car and the person coming towards me just signalled for me to turn around. will i get in trouble for this? i only passed my driving test a week ago, i’m so anxious rn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW7Iv-V1-Jo&ab_channel=Limmy
Original post by l1vgr4ce

A learner driver is still going to be prone to making mistakes, hence experienced drivers will have patience and understanding I would definitely look for the signs a straight forward one way sign ⬆️ indicates the one way street ⬆️ ⬇️ two way and so forth as well as junctions. So next time just be careful and aware it’s nothing to be anxious about…As you drive more often you’ll get used to your surroundings the road and will become more confident I would advise starting locally and then therefore build your way up such as new roads, rural areas etc.
(edited 9 months ago)
You can look on google streetview to see if there are any cameras about, but I’m not aware of any that monitor one way streets.

You’ll almost certainly be fine.
Reply 4
No one was hurt, you didn’t cause an accident, and I very much doubt that even if there were cameras that someone was watching their screen with pen and paper ready to note down your number plate just in case. So take it as a lesson learned and be more vigilant next time you drive in an area where you are less familiar with the street lay out. Almost every driver has done something stupid at some point in time, so don’t beat yourself up but learn from it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending