The Student Room Group

🎆Clearance through accommodation 🎆

https://youtube.com/watch?v=TEQjEEZiu7o&feature=share9

So I watched this 1:29 second video on Clearing accommodations and I was wondering is this process the same for all university that are going through clearance?

If I add my 'clearance choice' the option to UCAS will there be an options to pick that I rather have accommodations at the university?

(I remember this was the same when we had to pick our 5 choices back in y12, and it asked it we were staying at home or not)

I think this is the case but I wanted to double check.I had no clue about how to apply to accommodations through clearance.

Is it like this?

The video also says that you'll be given an email about your accommodations.(I'll happy as long as it is safe and you know either walking distance or straight forward travel)

Can you guys please give me some more insight into this and just accommodations through clearance?

(Also,I'm aware I have already made three other post about clearance but thank you so much for taking the time to type this information up and inform me.Honestly, getting an answer is helping me feel less anxious and more calm :smile: It's really making a difference.
Reply 1
Also, sidenote (how do you delete a thread that you had posted on your phone?)
Original post by B-star
If I add my 'clearance choice' the option to UCAS will there be an options to pick that I rather have accommodations at the university?

(I remember this was the same when we had to pick our 5 choices back in y12, and it asked it we were staying at home or not)

I think this is the case but I wanted to double check.I had no clue about how to apply to accommodations through clearance.

Is it like this?

The video also says that you'll be given an email about your accommodations.(I'll happy as long as it is safe and you know either walking distance or straight forward travel)

Can you guys please give me some more insight into this and just accommodations through clearance?

(Also, I'm aware I have already made three other post about clearance but thank you so much for taking the time to type this information up and inform me. Honestly, getting an answer is helping me feel less anxious and more calm :smile: It's really making a difference.

Hello, there's a lot to unpack here so:
1. It's called Clearing
2. I've not watched the video, but every university operates it's accommodation guarantee differently
3. You need to get yourself a shortlist of universities that offer your course which you think could be in your grade-range on results day. Then google the university name and the phrase "accommodation guarantee" together.
4. This should tell you what the uni says you will definitely be offered if you apply, in terms of uni accommodation
5. I will sort out your posts now with my special buttons, you can't delete them
For what it’s worth- universities ignore what applicants put about “live at home” or “need accommodation” for main cycle applications - so many applicants put the wrong thing or change their mind that accommodation applications are open regardless of what applicants ticked.

In clearing accommodation options may be available or may be limited/not available. You need to ask a university about this when you talk to them about your clearing application. You don’t specify if you will live at home or elsewhere when adding a clearing choice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending