The Student Room Group

De&s MOD graduate scheme 2023

Hi guys, noticed there hasn't been an active thread for a couple of years.. just on the off chance is anyone out been made a provisional offer?
I’ve still to attend the assessment centre later this month - anyone got any tips?
What position are you applying for?
In the process of going through clearance now. Fingers crossed it will be quite quick!!
Original post by Potted_Plant
Me too.
Which grad scheme are you on?

Project delivery how about you?
Original post by katieradford1991
Project delivery how about you?

Where are you at with your clearance? I've had my DBS approved, done my medical and my references have been sent but still not heard anything
Yeah same, DBS approved but havn't heard from the others.

Hopefully not much longer as I'm waiting to book my celebratory holiday haha! Do you know how many days per week they require office attendance on your scheme? Think mine is 3 days a week but not sure if we get to pick which days
Hopefully not much longer as I'm waiting to book my celebratory holiday haha! Do you know how many days per week they require office attendance on your scheme? Think mine is 3 days a week but not sure if we get to pick which days

Haha celebratory holiday :biggrin:, nice, have fun with that! Sadly I'm not going to be able to catch a break this summer, my MSc finishes in september this year.
I think with flexible working they did say 3 days, at the assessment center I heard from a current grad, for engineers, they typically have no reason to come to office, like most of it can be done at home. I'd guess you can pick which days to stay at home if it's 'flexible'.
Haha celebratory holiday :biggrin:, nice, have fun with that! Sadly I'm not going to be able to catch a break this summer, my MSc finishes in september this year.
I think with flexible working they did say 3 days, at the assessment center I heard from a current grad, for engineers, they typically have no reason to come to office, like most of it can be done at home. I'd guess you can pick which days to stay at home if it's 'flexible'.

Oh wow that sounds intense!! Just think of the generous holiday allowance you will get once working for them though 😄 where abouts are you living? I guess it doesn't really matter for you if you don't have to go into the office but I'm living in Birmingham with family in Cardiff so I can commute from there on office days 😌
Hi I've had my provisional offer but from reading previous threads I'm worried about how long pre-employment checks will take
Reply 10
Yeah same been waiting for pre employment checks for a few weeks, might go view some places in Bristol in the next few weeks
Reply 11
Hi all,
I got an offer for the graduate scheme DE&S Engineering (Aircraft Systems and Platform) about 2 weeks ago, had my AC on 20th February.
Anyone else on engineering?

Btw last year's thread wasn't particularly active but the 2021 one was very active, lots of info there for anyone wanting to read more.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7009212

Hey!

I'm also currently being vetted for the Aircraft Systems and Platform scheme. By any chance did we attend the same assessment centre? Mine was on the 28th February.
Reply 12
Hi, my assessment center was on the 20th February, MOD Abbey Wood right?

Ah different dates then, and yep it was MOD Abbey Wood.

I've only come across one other Aircraft Systems applicant so it's nice to find another one! Looking forward to meeting you if and when the clearance security clearances are finished :smile:
Hello, I’m another that’s waiting for everything to go through, wondered if anyone was moving down to Bristol and had any info on housing/accommodation.
Reply 14
Original post by Joshhealy2000
Hello, I’m another that’s waiting for everything to go through, wondered if anyone was moving down to Bristol and had any info on housing/accommodation.

Hey, I'm moving down to Bristol too and the housing situation is becoming a bit of a nightmare! Have you had any progress with it?
Reply 15
Hi guys, noticed there hasn't been an active thread for a couple of years.. just on the off chance is anyone out been made a provisional offer?

Hello,
I have been invited to the assessment centre for an interview at the end of the month and was wondering if anyone has any tips for it. I have been searching for information online to prep for it but it’s very limited. I am particularly anxious about the presentation part as I do not know what to do for it. Please may I have some advice from anyone who has been through it or is going to go through it soon?
Thank you :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Warawara
Hello,
I have been invited to the assessment centre for an interview at the end of the month and was wondering if anyone has any tips for it. I have been searching for information online to prep for it but it’s very limited. I am particularly anxious about the presentation part as I do not know what to do for it. Please may I have some advice from anyone who has been through it or is going to go through it soon?
Thank you :smile:

Hello, i was invited as well, i have been searching for tips online, very limited resources, when is your interview?
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 17
Original post by BaitoRaito
Ah different dates then, and yep it was MOD Abbey Wood.

I've only come across one other Aircraft Systems applicant so it's nice to find another one! Looking forward to meeting you if and when the clearance security clearances are finished :smile:

Hello, i was invited also for an interview month end, do you have any tips for the interview?
Original post by Kingsholm
Hello, i was invited also for an interview month end, do you have any tips for the interview?
Hi - did you get any information or tips?

Quick Reply

Latest