The Student Room Group

Decision Maker- National Referral Mechanism - Public Safety Group (PSG)

Has anybody applied for this role?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Dremonio
Has anybody applied for this role?

Hey! I have. I've received a provisional offer and am currently going through the pre-employment checks. All that is missing is the CTC application being checked and completed (current status is "In progress").
How about you?
Reply 2
Original post by MJHawke
Hey! I have. I've received a provisional offer and am currently going through the pre-employment checks. All that is missing is the CTC application being checked and completed (current status is "In progress").
How about you?

I’ve just been invited to a pre recorded interview. Wondering if anyone had any advice for it or an insight on the job or how long the application has taken for anyone. Just curious really
Reply 3
Original post by MJHawke
How about you?

Hi I was wondering if you remembered any of the questions for the pre recorded interview? Any help would be super appreciated!! Thank you :smile:
Reply 4
Hi, The Behaviour questions were just the three that you have in the add, so just prepare for them as best you can thinking of an example for each using your own experience. Plus there were two Strength questions, one around keeping focused and another around making effective decisions with external information. But those two you can't really prepare. And no one can guarantee the questions will be the same, so don't focus too much on them, I'd say.

My advice is: Rather than trying to speak beautifully and have a nice presentation, take your sweet time thinking what a sensible answer would be in the few seconds you have, and give that answer, being as clear as you can.

Best of luck, and God Bless! :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by MJHawke
Hi, The Behaviour questions were just the three that you have in the add, so just prepare for them as best you can thinking of an example for each using your own experience. Plus there were two Strength questions, one around keeping focused and another around making effective decisions with external information. But those two you can't really prepare. And no one can guarantee the questions will be the same, so don't focus too much on them, I'd say.

My advice is: Rather than trying to speak beautifully and have a nice presentation, take your sweet time thinking what a sensible answer would be in the few seconds you have, and give that answer, being as clear as you can.

Best of luck, and God Bless! :smile:

After doing your interview how long did it take them to get back to you?
Reply 6
After doing your interview how long did it take them to get back to you?

About two weeks. My interview was on 19/03 and I heard back on 05/04.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 7
Original post by MJHawke
About two weeks. My interview was on 19/03 and I heard back on 05/04.

Are you still going through their IFD checks?
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 8
Are you still going through their IFD checks?

Going through my pre-employment checks now. They've done all their checks, now the longest wait is the security clearance. They've raised a CTC application in my name as my sponsor. I completed my online application form on 20 April, and it is still 'In progress'. I'm in contact with other people who are still waiting on this too. It can take as long as 11 weeks. I'm going on my 8th week now. As soon as this changes to 'Complete', my new line manager will contact me with my start date. Until then, it's just the waiting.
Reply 9
Hi guys,
Any news on your interview?
Reply 10
Original post by MJHawke
Hi guys,
Any news on your interview?

Not yet will hopefully hear back next week. What location have you applied for?
Reply 11
Not yet will hopefully hear back next week. What location have you applied for?

Newcastle upon-Tyne. How about you?
Reply 12
Original post by MJHawke
Newcastle upon-Tyne. How about you?

Birmingham I’m hoping to hear back next week the cut off date for the interview was the 13th so shouldn’t be much longer. Good luck to you
Birmingham I’m hoping to hear back next week the cut off date for the interview was the 13th so shouldn’t be much longer. Good luck to you

I had my invitation for interview on 05/06/2023, and done it 5 days later ,that is to say around 11-12 of June but since then I have heard nothing, my colleague has already started today an induction but they did apply before me around March,I applied recently when they re- advitised . I am not sure I will pass security clearance as the previous security clearance was cancelled for me before even started and the vacancy was withdrawn but that was SC, they asked alot of questions ,and details of each family member , banckrupcy etc ,it was so stressful but that was not for CTC and was for a different role, I guess my name is not good enough for them .
Reply 14
Original post by lafleure35
I had my invitation for interview on 05/06/2023, and done it 5 days later ,that is to say around 11-12 of June but since then I have heard nothing, my colleague has already started today an induction but they did apply before me around March,I applied recently when they re- advitised . I am not sure I will pass security clearance as the previous security clearance was cancelled for me before even started and the vacancy was withdrawn but that was SC, they asked alot of questions ,and details of each family member , banckrupcy etc ,it was so stressful but that was not for CTC and was for a different role, I guess my name is not good enough for them .

I think for this role they do their standard SC and then they do CTC. I’m in a home office role currently and they did both checks for this role. Took ages to do the checks as well. I was hoping to have heard back about the interview by now.
I think for this role they do their standard SC and then they do CTC. I’m in a home office role currently and they did both checks for this role. Took ages to do the checks as well. I was hoping to have heard back about the interview by now.

The SC check is the higher followed by DV which is the highest ,the CTC is the second after a basic check . True I was offered one before and SC took over 40 days
Reply 16
Yes I applied, application status still showing, interview slot booked
Reply 17
What happens if you have not lived in uk for upto 3-5 years, will SC and CTC checks still be successful? Will be 3yrs by October
Reply 18
Original post by Julie4
What happens if you have not lived in uk for upto 3-5 years, will SC and CTC checks still be successful? Will be 3yrs by October

I don’t think this is a barrier to getting the job I can’t say for sure but I think the checks are just making sure were not terrorists or a potential threat. I was hoping to have heard back by now the wait is killing me.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 19
Original post by Julie4

I have read that having spent time abroad doesn't necessarily mean you will be ineligible. They will, however, ask for further information:
Among other things, you might be asked:
How long were you abroad?
Were you working/studying? (if so, contact details of place of work/study)
Your address during the time?

They will want to know this to determine if you are affiliated with other individuals/groups/organisations abroad that may pose a threat to the country, perhaps? and then make a decision.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending