The Student Room Group

ACA Corporate Reporting exam July 2023

How did everyone find the exam? Easy/Moderate/Hard?
Personally, I thought time management is probably the biggest hurdle in this exam!
Question 1 just took too much time to get around!
Reply 1
I’ve always had a problem with time management so I did a lot of question practice and was very strict with my timings.
Weirdly, I didn’t find the paper too bad….!
I thought the paper was quite strange and sneaky in places. Q3 i also found odd. Felt like we were thrown with alot of info (different rental payment arrangements for customers?) but wasn't sure what to do with it (?!)
Reply 3
Original post by Nixon1992
How did everyone find the exam? Easy/Moderate/Hard?
Personally, I thought time management is probably the biggest hurdle in this exam!
Question 1 just took too much time to get around!

I want to give everyone hope. When I came out of my November 2022 CR exam I was convinced I failed. I had not answered parts of the first and second question. The only question which went well was questions 3. I got my results and got 70 percent. Don't doubt yourself and stop worrying about the small parts. If you answered most and gave your best, you'll be okay. I'm waiting for my CTA results in 7 hours haha, very nervous as not as easy as ACA exams.
Reply 4
@Ollyrsc, thanks a ton for sharing your experience!
Reply 5
How are the other advanced level exams?
Reply 6
Original post by Nixon1992
How are the other advanced level exams?

Nowhere near as bad as CR! I sat case study yesterday and it was okay. SBM is very long and lots of writing.
Original post by Smileykielyx
I thought the paper was quite strange and sneaky in places. Q3 i also found odd. Felt like we were thrown with alot of info (different rental payment arrangements for customers?) but wasn't sure what to do with it (?!)

Completely agree for quesrion 3 - it felt way more audity too and I think my answer was majority talking about the audit issues and ended up neglecting the FR treatment a bit. I just felt there was so much to read / get your head round.

Also wasn't a huge fan of the share buy back Q in question 2 but couksv3 been worse I guess?

Q1 I felt was alright, wasn't a fan of the share based payments question though.
Reply 8
I agree that there was just too much to read! It definitely felt that 3.5 hours was just not enough!
I hope they’re reasonable with corrections!
How did people find SBM?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending