The Student Room Group

2 in 1 laptop for 6th form

hello!!

ive been looking into 2 in 1 laptops for 6th form with a budget of £300-400 (preferably lower 300s)

i wanted to ask if chromebooks would be good? i found this one (https://www.argos.co.uk/product/3065310?rec=PDP%5B3108648%5D:bottomSlider:P1:s-smilie:S:syte:3065310:biggrin:BrJcDkrD2O0fhpIfRCY)
i also found the HP Pavilion x360 14-dy0002na FHD Convertible Laptop - Pentium® Gold with Pen which i liked a lot but my brother said the processor isnt good and the ram wouldnt be sufficient. i dont know much about laptops so im not sure what to do. can someone recommend me laptops and give me advice on whats mentioned above?

(if its of any help im taking bio, chem, maths and possibly psychology too next year)

thank you!!
The one you've listed isn't my first choice, even within that price bracket, but it'll be fine. You'll likely only need/want it to run office and a web browser, along with note taking software, and Chrome OS with those specs will work for that, you'll have computers at 6th form you can use instead. I'd be more concerned about using it at uni/whatever you do next, but that's a couple years away.

As for other laptops, if you're wanting to save money (and don't mind dropping the 2 in 1 mode), you can generally get something pretty decent. This thread is a different use case but same budget and use case, have a look to see if there's anything that you like. Alternatively, looking second hand is generally a much better value than buying new at these price points.
Reply 2
thank you very much!!

Original post by fizzyizzy05
The one you've listed isn't my first choice, even within that price bracket, but it'll be fine. You'll likely only need/want it to run office and a web browser, along with note taking software, and Chrome OS with those specs will work for that, you'll have computers at 6th form you can use instead. I'd be more concerned about using it at uni/whatever you do next, but that's a couple years away.

As for other laptops, if you're wanting to save money (and don't mind dropping the 2 in 1 mode), you can generally get something pretty decent. This thread is a different use case but same budget and use case, have a look to see if there's anything that you like. Alternatively, looking second hand is generally a much better value than buying new at these price points.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending