The Student Room Group

Should I get a 2 in 1 laptop or an ipad for a-levels?

Hey,
I'm currently going into y12 and am doing maths, eng lit, history and politics and am thinking of getting a new device.
I don't know whether to get a 2 in 1 laptop - ive seen some recent posts of their hinges breaking?
Or I could get an ipad with a keyboard?
Original post by *Incognito*
Hey,
I'm currently going into y12 and am doing maths, eng lit, history and politics and am thinking of getting a new device.
I don't know whether to get a 2 in 1 laptop - ive seen some recent posts of their hinges breaking?
Or I could get an ipad with a keyboard?

If you have an Office or Google account, then I would go for an iPad.

None of your subjects really require the use of an iPad e.g. if it was art, design, biology, something with a lot of diagrams, etc. then I could see the point.

I think you can get a way with just a normal laptop and lots of paper for what you're studying. If you really want to push it, you can use it for maths problems where you would need a few diagrams. Unless you're reading a lot of books or material in electronic form e.g. pdfs, ebooks, etc., I would doubt you would use the tablet that much for the other 3 subjects.

A 2 in 1 can be OK if you need to write a lot of notes, do a lot of diagrams/drawings, whilst print out a lot of stuff. However, I doubt you would need to do this that much.

Personally, I find tablets + laptop better value for money than 2 in 1 (very likely cheaper as well).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending