The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan after being settled status in second year

Hi!

In my first year 2022/2023 I still had pre-settled status and could only get tuition fee loan. I couldn't apply online and had to apply by sending a form by post.

I was wondering if I could get a maintenance loan in my second year 2023/2024 since I now have a settled status.

Apparently they automatically applied me for my 2023/2024 year and it has been approved already but the application only entitles tuiton fee loan.
Original post by Johnmelon
Hi!

In my first year 2022/2023 I still had pre-settled status and could only get tuition fee loan. I couldn't apply online and had to apply by sending a form by post.

I was wondering if I could get a maintenance loan in my second year 2023/2024 since I now have a settled status.

Apparently they automatically applied me for my 2023/2024 year and it has been approved already but the application only entitles tuiton fee loan.

Hi there,

Now that you have Settled Status you should be able to get the Maintenance Loan, that's right.

We'll need you to apply to be sure, so you should post the PN1 form to us as soon as you can. Please also include a copy of your Home Office letter confirming you have Settled Status, and your share code. Applications normally take 4-6 weeks to be approved.

Thanks, Graeme

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms/y/studying-full-time-in-england-and-qualify-for-support-with-tuition-fees-and-living-costs/apply-for-student-loans-and-grants/2023-to-2024/no

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending