The Student Room Group

Maintenance Loan

Hi there - I will try to be as clear as possible. I have been living and working in the UK for last 5 years. I held pre-settled status (family member of EU national - I am non-EU national) since Apr 2019 and recently been granted settled status. I have been in full time employment for as long as I have been in the UK. I was granted tuition fee loan (I didn't apply for maintenance loan back then - don't ask why lol) in 2021 when I had pre-settled status. I'm currently in my 3rd year which starts in April 2024 and my tuition fee loan is already approved. Now the question is if I can apply for maintenance loan for my third year? If yes, how do I apply? And I also have been employed throughout my first 2 years of studies and can evidence it with payslips and P60s.
Original post by greaper
Hi there - I will try to be as clear as possible. I have been living and working in the UK for last 5 years. I held pre-settled status (family member of EU national - I am non-EU national) since Apr 2019 and recently been granted settled status. I have been in full time employment for as long as I have been in the UK. I was granted tuition fee loan (I didn't apply for maintenance loan back then - don't ask why lol) in 2021 when I had pre-settled status. I'm currently in my 3rd year which starts in April 2024 and my tuition fee loan is already approved. Now the question is if I can apply for maintenance loan for my third year? If yes, how do I apply? And I also have been employed throughout my first 2 years of studies and can evidence it with payslips and P60s.
Hi there,

Yes, based on what you've said you can apply for the Maintenance Loan now - this is because you have Settled Status.

To know for sure we'd suggest applying by posting the PN1 form as soon as you can: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/6543a65cd36c910012935c7b/sfe_pn1_form_2324_o.pdf

This is the form here. Please also include a copy of your Home Office letter confirming that you have Settled Status and your share code.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending