The Student Room Group

Just received my settled status. Can I now get mantance loan?

Hi,

I very recently received my settled status. I am in second year of my undergraduate.

I have received a tuition loan last year. I have not been eligible for the maintenance as I only had pre-settled status and I wasn't a migrant worker nor had any of my parents work in the uk.

I'm any case, I came to understand that it is possible for me to apply again in hopes of getting acces to both the tuition and maintenance loan this time. Is this true? If so, how to proceed?
Hi Rotoro,

This is correct, if you have now gained settled status you can now be classed as a Home student and access maintenance funding. You will need to send us an SFE PN1 form to apply as a new student for this domicile and send us evidence of your new status (Home Office letter and share code).

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 2
Original post by Calum SLC
Hi Rotoro,

This is correct, if you have now gained settled status you can now be classed as a Home student and access maintenance funding. You will need to send us an SFE PN1 form to apply as a new student for this domicile and send us evidence of your new status (Home Office letter and share code).

Thanks,
Calum

Hi Calum,

Thank you very much for your clarification and very quick reply. This is very good news!
Original post by Rotoro
Hi Calum,

Thank you very much for your clarification and very quick reply. This is very good news!

You're welcome! Have a nice day!
Thanks,
Claire
Reply 4
Original post by Claire SFE
You're welcome! Have a nice day!
Thanks,
Claire

Hi,

Currently filling out the form. In the loan request section, should I tick both Mantance loan and the Tuition fee loan or only the Mantance one since I have already the tuition fee loan?
Original post by Rotoro
Hi,

Currently filling out the form. In the loan request section, should I tick both Mantance loan and the Tuition fee loan or only the Mantance one since I have already the tuition fee loan?

Hi there. You would tick both of them as it's a different application. we will cancel the old one once we start processing the new one. Thanks, Leah.
Reply 6
Does this mean that I should indicate that I have a previous student loan or no?

Also for my parents income who earn abroad, do they write down the gross (before tax) or net (after tax) income? If I am correct, they need to provide the tax documents form the foreign country. Does it matter if it isn't in English? Also the tax period differ.
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Rotoro
Does this mean that I should indicate that I have a previous student loan or no?

Also for my parents income who earn abroad, do they write down the gross (before tax) or net (after tax) income? If I am correct, they need to provide the tax documents form the foreign country. Does it matter if it isn't in English? Also the tax period differ.

Hi Rotoro,

Yes you would put down your previous study on the application. Your parents would write down the gross information and we would also ask the convert there currency into pounds. They do need to provide there tax documents and the tax period may be different but that is ok. We will try to translate the documents.

Thanks, Drew

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending