The Student Room Group

I did a year at college and decided to restart my A levels at a sixth form

So I decided to restart my two years of A levels at a sixth form because I wasn't getting on well at college but now I'm severely regretting it. I was pressured by my parents to change to a sixth form due to them believing that I wasn't making enough friends and my grades weren't very good (bearing in mind it was the first year of even studying these subjects). Everyone will be younger than me, I will have to be stuck at this literal school until I'm nearly 20 and I went to the taster day and absolutely despised it. Is there any way my old college will accept me back after I already told them I was leaving in May? I also did one AS exam and 100% failed so my grades probably won't be good enough to stay/apply for uni but I do not want to attend this sixth form. What do I do? Is there any other colleges or sixth forms that accept applications this late? Will my old college accept me back?
i think they will almost definitely accept you back. shouldn't be too complicated as your just taking your old place back. and it would be easier to do this than go to another college ofc.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 2
Are you sure though? I completely failed my AS exams and haven't started the coursework that's required by before term starts, let alone prepared for uni applications. Would they still accept me back even though I'm super far behind?
as far as im aware AS exams do not carry nearly as much weight as they used to. it might be specific to your course, but i highly doubt that they will even impact your final grade.
your teachers at college are there to help you. ask them for support for coursework, there are always late entries and editions each school sends off with a batch of coursework. you have way more time than you think.
i applied for uni about two weeks before the deadline, got my pers. statement sent back to me, and it was sent off about 3 days before the deadline. i received offers from all 5 unis in two weeks.
im proof u dont need oodles of time to get on the path to succeed!!
you have the whole of y13 to get on track. i think they will accept you back. it will be like u never said you were leaving in the first place!!
Reply 4
They didn't let me back.
Original post by cristalat101
They didn't let me back.

oh my god no im so sorry!! did they say what your next steps could be?? finishing education elsewhere, a job etc? they shouldn't judt leave you high and dry. if thery were of no help, you should look at other post 16 options in your area if you dont want to go right into employment. so sorry this happened!!
Reply 6
I have to go to a sixth form I despise now.

You have no other options. Start at the new place and focus on your education. Good luck

omg im so sorry. hope youre okay now!!

Quick Reply

Latest