The Student Room Group

MSc Psychology conversion - Edinburgh or Northumbria

Hello,

I’ve been offered a place on the Edinburgh psychology of mental health conversion MSc, but haven’t decided yet whether to go for that or apply to Northumbria (which is closer to home and only has teaching two days a week).

Any advice would be very welcome!

Also for the person who private messaged me previously - I’m afraid the site won’t let me reply yet as I’ve not posted enough, so feel free to message on here!
Reply 1
Hey, do you have any more details on the Msc psychology course? I've been looking at wolverhampton but heard really terrible things.
Is this online or on campus?
Reply 2
Original post by Lozxxmf
Hey, do you have any more details on the Msc psychology course? I've been looking at wolverhampton but heard really terrible things.
Is this online or on campus?

Hiya, yeah I’m not hearing great things about Edinburgh, a bit more positive about Northumbria. I’m looking at the face to face ones but I think Northumbria does online, not sure about Edinburgh. Any particular questions you’ve got?
Reply 3
Original post by Rowan89
Hiya, yeah I’m not hearing great things about Edinburgh, a bit more positive about Northumbria. I’m looking at the face to face ones but I think Northumbria does online, not sure about Edinburgh. Any particular questions you’ve got?

Sadly with working full time I would need to do online studying, I also like the idea of the flexibility of pre recorded sessions. What have you heard about Edinburgh? Have you looked into postgrad loans? Are either of these courses accredited by British Psychology Society for charter basis?x
Original post by Rowan89
Hello,

I’ve been offered a place on the Edinburgh psychology of mental health conversion MSc, but haven’t decided yet whether to go for that or apply to Northumbria (which is closer to home and only has teaching two days a week).

Any advice would be very welcome!

Also for the person who private messaged me previously - I’m afraid the site won’t let me reply yet as I’ve not posted enough, so feel free to message on here!

text me on whatsapp+254748312335

Quick Reply

Latest