The Student Room Group

biology, english lit + psychology

i picked these subjects (originally was going to do chem but changed) and was wondering if they were a good pick? has anyone done them? what uni courses can i do? what jobs? pls help!!
Original post by annoymous72
i picked these subjects (originally was going to do chem but changed) and was wondering if they were a good pick? has anyone done them? what uni courses can i do? what jobs? pls help!!

Choose the A Levels you are passionate about. The most important thing is your grades in them to meet the course requirements. If you didnt do the ‘right’ A Levels for a particular subject, just do a foundation year version of that course.
For example, if someone studied english, history, phycology A Levels and wanted to do medicine.
Medicine requires at least 2 science A Levels, so do the foundation year course : https://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/2023/01430/mbchb-medicine-6-years-including-foundation-year/
This course is for specifically for people who did not do science A Levels, as the foundation year is to build up your science knowledge to A Level standard from GCSE.
With regards to jobs, its your grades that matter. A levels are a stepping stone to university after all.

Quick Reply

Latest