The Student Room Group

Friendship issues

Im supposed to meet with a friend next week and they told me they’d be really late. Idk it’s kind of put me off meeting with them. I get that people are late for many reasons out of their control, like transport, but that’s for ON the day. My friend told me they would be late well before the day we will meet when they could just easily plan to leave early. I am getting vibes that they don’t actually want to meet and am actually considering just cancelling.

What do you think
Original post by Anonymous
Im supposed to meet with a friend next week and they told me they’d be really late. Idk it’s kind of put me off meeting with them. I get that people are late for many reasons out of their control, like transport, but that’s for ON the day. My friend told me they would be late well before the day we will meet when they could just easily plan to leave early. I am getting vibes that they don’t actually want to meet and am actually considering just cancelling.

What do you think

IDK maybe its something else they have to do?

Maybe reschedule

What do you think

They sound a bit selfish to me I had one so called friend who always turn 40 minutes to hour late and I would be standing outside somewhere in the cold. When would show up they would never say sorry or how are you they just complain.
Reply 3
Original post by anonymoususerUK
IDK maybe its something else they have to do?

Maybe reschedule

They said they don't want to leave earlier as that would mean they'd have to wake up earlier (they wake up after midday on their day off). So it's not like I've suggested to meet in the morning or anything. They are always half an hour late when we meet, I just feel like they are not really respecting my time. You wouldn't be 30 minutes late to work, so why can't they just leave earlier/wake up slightly earlier to meet on time? If it was the other way round, I'd be happy to wake up earlier to meet a friend, especially as they wake up after midday anyway.
Reply 4
Original post by looloo2134
They sound a bit selfish to me I had one so called friend who always turn 40 minutes to hour late and I would be standing outside somewhere in the cold. When would show up they would never say sorry or how are you they just complain.

That sounds exactly like my friend, it sucks that you've been through this too :frown: Why are there so many people like that out there?!
That sounds exactly like my friend, it sucks that you've been through this too :frown: Why are there so many people like that out there?!

Because their are many selfish people in the world and they only their for what they can get off you.
Have they said why they'll be late?
Reply 7
Original post by thrivingfrog
Have they said why they'll be late?

They didn’t want to wake up earlier (so they could leave earlier). They wake up after midday on weekends.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending