The Student Room Group

Not liking a friend anymore

Basically I have this friend but with the past year there have been ups and downs, which has been resolved. However I have noticed since then that I just simply don't like them anymore. Other friends have been having that issue but we don't wish to talk about it.
This is simply because it isn't nice to talk behind someone's back. I just feel really awkard with them. Not sure if it is my paranoia but I think they are aware that I don't like them.
I don't want any unnecessary drama hence not really doing anything. I'm hoping i can just drift from the friendship when I go to sixth form.

Does anyone relate and not mind sharing?
Thank you for reading xx
Reply 1
Ending a friendship when you still have to see the person on a day to day basis would be very awkward, so my advice would be to avoid anything head on (not that you're suggesting that). I think you're right to avoid having private conversations with others about this. Avoid sending mixed messages, eg being frendly, then cool, then friendly. Be consistent in how you are with this person. Them, once your paths separate, you can let things slide without any drama.
Reply 2
Original post by cheadle
Ending a friendship when you still have to see the person on a day to day basis would be very awkward, so my advice would be to avoid anything head on (not that you're suggesting that). I think you're right to avoid having private conversations with others about this. Avoid sending mixed messages, eg being frendly, then cool, then friendly. Be consistent in how you are with this person. Them, once your paths separate, you can let things slide without any drama.

Yea that is a good idea thank you
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #1
Basically I have this friend but with the past year there have been ups and downs, which has been resolved. However I have noticed since then that I just simply don't like them anymore. Other friends have been having that issue but we don't wish to talk about it.
This is simply because it isn't nice to talk behind someone's back. I just feel really awkard with them. Not sure if it is my paranoia but I think they are aware that I don't like them.
I don't want any unnecessary drama hence not really doing anything. I'm hoping i can just drift from the friendship when I go to sixth form.
Thank you for reading xx

I relate to this, I've had a really bad friend who I had to stop a friendship with. But it was an awkward and really difficult to navigate argument. My advice is unless they do something that is bad like start bullying you or talking behind your back just let yourself drift from them to avoid any unnecessary arguments
Reply 4
Original post by Sera16

I relate to this, I've had a really bad friend who I had to stop a friendship with. But it was an awkward and really difficult to navigate argument. My advice is unless they do something that is bad like start bullying you or talking behind your back just let yourself drift from them to avoid any unnecessary arguments

Gotcha thank you xx
I can't lie but there is a sense of mistrust I have with her probably why the cracls are starting to form
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous #1

Thank you for reading xx
personally for me I don't trust or call anyone friend cause in life I just talk to people but they arent my friends

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending