The Student Room Group

Official: University of Leeds A100 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Appreciate that there are some unknowns with the UCAT switch but will having a SJT B3 be a disadvantage? Is it taken into account at any stage?
Original post by ss12468
Appreciate that there are some unknowns with the UCAT switch but will having a SJT B3 be a disadvantage? Is it taken into account at any stage?

again like others have said countless of times we dont know because this is leeds first year using UCAT, they may score SJT or may not score SJT
Do I have a chance of even getting an interview for Leeds?

GCSE’s: 99999998887 (including A in FSMQ LEVEL 3 course- equates to 9)
Achieved A Level Grades: A*AA
Low UCAT: 2620 B3
WP: No
Contextual: maybe, as I was looked after my grandparents for 1.5 years, attended state school, first one to go into uni
Work Experience: clinics, care homes, hospitals, online work experience (Brighton Sussex medical school, Plymouth medical school)

If anyone has any places that can at least give me an interview with these stats, please do tell. As I am quite concerned about my UCAT score, thinking of doing the BMAT.

THANKS
Original post by RRandom_user
Do I have a chance of even getting an interview for Leeds?

GCSE’s: 99999998887 (including A in FSMQ LEVEL 3 course- equates to 9)
Achieved A Level Grades: A*AA
Low UCAT: 2620 B3
WP: No
Contextual: maybe, as I was looked after my grandparents for 1.5 years, attended state school, first one to go into uni
Work Experience: clinics, care homes, hospitals, online work experience (Brighton Sussex medical school, Plymouth medical school)

If anyone has any places that can at least give me an interview with these stats, please do tell. As I am quite concerned about my UCAT score, thinking of doing the BMAT.

THANKS

You’ve got good GCSEs, but it’s your UCAT. However Leeds don’t operate a cutoff but your UCAT isn’t high and you do have band 3. I suspect Leeds will score like HYMMS maybe, so they may or may not score SJT. However if you really wanna apply for Leeds go for it but keep your other choices for more safe unis
Original post by B7861
You’ve got good GCSEs, but it’s your UCAT. However Leeds don’t operate a cutoff but your UCAT isn’t high and you do have band 3. I suspect Leeds will score like HYMMS maybe, so they may or may not score SJT. However if you really wanna apply for Leeds go for it but keep your other choices for more safe unis

Thanks, just looking for safe unis. Do you know any unis that I could potentially apply to?
Original post by RRandom_user
Thanks, just looking for safe unis. Do you know any unis that I could potentially apply to?

Post in the which medical school should I apply to thread
I have a ucat score of 2780 B1 and am predicted 4A* and have 8 9s and 2 8s for GCSEs. Would it be worth applying to Leeds or am I unlikely to get in please?
Original post by HastyJaguar
I have a ucat score of 2780 B1 and am predicted 4A* and have 8 9s and 2 8s for GCSEs. Would it be worth applying to Leeds or am I unlikely to get in please?

you have excellent GCSEs and your UCAT is good. because this is leeds first year using UCAT we dont know but I would say you have a chance
Original post by HastyJaguar

we can’t say whether or not you’ll ‘get in’ to medicine at Leeds, but I would feel fairly confident you’ll be shortlisted for an interview there
best to apply and begin preparing for MMI interviews as it’s going to be all about converting an interview to an offer
I got AAA, 9999999998 gcses but 2540 Band 1 ucat. I really wanted to apply to Leeds and qualify for an Access to Leeds offer (contextual offer)! Do you guys think it is worth the risk as my ucat isnt exactly great... are they/any med schools more lenient to ucat scores if people qualify for contextual offers?
Original post by holycookie
I got AAA, 9999999998 gcses but 2540 Band 1 ucat. I really wanted to apply to Leeds and qualify for an Access to Leeds offer (contextual offer)! Do you guys think it is worth the risk as my ucat isnt exactly great... are they/any med schools more lenient to ucat scores if people qualify for contextual offers?

In my opinion access to Leeds makes no difference at all because in previous years those with full GCSEs and great BMAT with access to Leeds got rejected. However because this is Leeds first year with UCAT they may be more lenient with lower scores or may not, hence it’s a risk
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 51

Look at HYMS, and depending on your UCAT breakdown, Nottingham and Lincoln. Plus QUB, if you have an EPQ or 4th AS level or these are predicted grades and you think you can be predicted and achieve A*AA. Aston also an option if A*AA and contextual
Original post by GANFYD
Look at HYMS, and depending on your UCAT breakdown, Nottingham and Lincoln. Plus QUB, if you have an EPQ or 4th AS level or these are predicted grades and you think you can be predicted and achieve A*AA. Aston also an option if A*AA and contextual

thanks for your reply! im definitely applying to HYMS and Lincoln. I would score 132 and the notts cut off is 129- do you think their cut off will increase/decrease as i'm not sure if 132 would be competitive enough for notts...
Reply 53
thanks for your reply! im definitely applying to HYMS and Lincoln. I would score 132 and the notts cut off is 129- do you think their cut off will increase/decrease as i'm not sure if 132 would be competitive enough for notts...

I would be happy to apply with that score :smile:
Original post by GANFYD
I would be happy to apply with that score :smile:

aahh yay, thanks!
sorry to interrupt but my gcses are:9999999986 (my 6 is in english language :?)my predicted a levels: A star, A star, A star my ucat: 2810 band 1 SJT I was wondering whether you think it would be viable for me to apply to Leeds (I know there is not enough info on scoring)
Original post by Lebkuchen
sorry to interrupt but my gcses are:9999999986 (my 6 is in english language :?)my predicted a levels: A star, A star, A star my ucat: 2810 band 1 SJT I was wondering whether you think it would be viable for me to apply to Leeds (I know there is not enough info on scoring)

you've got really good GCSEs and good UCAT so it would be worth applying. however because of your 6 in English it may or may not bring your score down depending on how leeds score GCSEs, im not sure whether they score your best GCSEs or score maths, English and science then the rest. but again im not sure
Original post by B7861
you've got really good GCSEs and good UCAT so it would be worth applying. however because of your 6 in English it may or may not bring your score down depending on how leeds score GCSEs, im not sure whether they score your best GCSEs or score maths, English and science then the rest. but again im not sure

I'm not sure either about whether they score english language - time for more FOI's lmao in regards to GCSE scoring
thanks though :smile:
Hi I have achieved Alevels of A*AA and GCSEs of 99999999888 and UCAT of 2550 not great, where would be good to apply, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Original post by Lebkuchen
I'm not sure either about whether they score english language - time for more FOI's lmao in regards to GCSE scoring
thanks though :smile:

agree with B78.. apply as you have a lot of 9s and a great UCAT :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending