The Student Room Group

Official: University of Leeds A100 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by artsandscience
Hii, I have A*AA acheived and 99999999888 GCSD grades with a UCAT of 2550. I really need to decide on a 4th option and was considering leeds? I understand applying to leeds is a risk this year but wondering what anyone thinks x

because your A levels are achieved, this could swing it
what is your SJT band in case people want to suggest other medical schools?
did you do any work in your gap year after A levels?
Original post by MedMama

my SJT is band 2. I have just started my gap year but planning go work in a patient-centred role as a HCA etc and volunteer in a care home, alongside working as a part time tutor. Any chance? I hope it wouldn’t be too much of a risk.
Original post by artsandscience
my SJT is band 2. I have just started my gap year but planning go work in a patient-centred role as a HCA etc and volunteer in a care home, alongside working as a part time tutor. Any chance? I hope it wouldn’t be too much of a risk.

thanks, please will you post it all in one post ( merge this one and last one) and post on the
*which medical school should I apply to?* thread to get optimal advice from more than one advisor ,and to give advice on more than one school?
Original post by MedMama

Achieved a levels will make no difference to their application as they already have full GCSEs. Leeds don’t discriminate between AAA and AAA*
Original post by B7861
Achieved a levels will make no difference to their application as they already have full GCSEs. Leeds don’t discriminate between AAA and AAA*

thinking 🤔 back to another person who had less high GCSEs, if they had achieved A levels would that override the GCSE deficit?
also, what is the GCSE position with A2L ?
- am keen to learn, and know you’ve looked into this all carefully for your own application options
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by MedMama
thinking 🤔 back to another person who had less high GCSEs, if they had achieved A levels would that override the GCSE deficit?
also, what is the GCSE position with A2L ?
- am keen to learn, and know you’ve looked into this all carefully for your own application options

Don’t know why Leeds is so vague about their scoring system. But after doing some research I’m still unsure if achieved a levels replace GCSEs, this individual would get full gcse points anyway so hence I said I’d doesn’t make a difference. With a2l I believe it lowers the overall cutoff but in the past it has made no difference whatsoever, only really reduces your offer
Original post by B7861
Don’t know why Leeds is so vague about their scoring system. But after doing some research I’m still unsure if achieved a levels replace GCSEs, this individual would get full gcse points anyway so hence I said I’d doesn’t make a difference. With a2l I believe it lowers the overall cutoff but in the past it has made no difference whatsoever, only really reduces your offer

no it’s another person I was thinking of exambank
the TSR hose format can get confusing trying to remember who had which grades!
hope you get a place this round- can see a real progression in your posts and determination which will serve you well
Reply 87
Would it be realistic to apply with 999988876D* in GCSE, AAA predicted in A levels and a UCAT of 2500 B2. I'm also part of the WP.
Original post by MedMama
hope you get a place this round- can see a real progression in your posts and determination which will serve you well

Thank you very much, I appreciate it. I was in for a shock on results day as I got BBB and was defo expecting AAA. But I still want to give med a try and really wanna get into Leeds so applying for the gateway year instead. I have a greater chance with gateway year cause my GCSEs are suitable for A100 as I have 98777777. But let’s see what happens
Original post by MedMama

I’m not sure exactly who you were referring to here, but thanks everyone for the tips. Struggling a little to decide on a fourth option and don’t want to risk it too much by applying to leeds. Would you guys recommended completely strategic application or applying to leeds, in my case seems bit risky.
Original post by B7861
Thank you very much, I appreciate it. I was in for a shock on results day as I got BBB and was defo expecting AAA. But I still want to give med a try and really wanna get into Leeds so applying for the gateway year instead. I have a greater chance with gateway year cause my GCSEs are suitable for A100 as I have 98777777. But let’s see what happens

hope it works out 🙏🏼
Went to the Open Day yesterday. Admissions were very tight lipped about what they’d be looking at. They said they wouldn’t reveal a UCAT cut off after the event and they wouldn’t reveal what their selection criteria included.
From teasing out various conversations with different people, I think GCSEs, UCAT and WEX would be taken into account in that order. I also think from what one tutor said that they are expecting many more applications this year, which I assume will push requirements up.
Reply 92
Original post by MotherDuck
they wouldn’t reveal what their selection criteria included.

And this alone would stop me applying. The arrogance of believing you do not have to explain to the people applying how you will shortlist shows an attitude and disregard for students I would not want to be part of.
I also think there will be a lot more applicants this year, pushing cut offs up
still undecided whether to apply to leeds this year then.😬😬
Reply 94
Would it be realistic to apply with 999988876D* in GCSE, AAA predicted in A levels and a UCAT of 2500 B2. I'm also part of the WP but wasn't in their program.
Did they reveal more info in the open day about the interview format?
Original post by miss.fxtii
Would it be realistic to apply with 999988876D* in GCSE, AAA predicted in A levels and a UCAT of 2500 B2. I'm also part of the WP but wasn't in their program.

We’ll from looking at what people have said about there being much more applicants it’s a risk mate, even with WP
Hi,

I got 2600 b1 and gcses:

9: bio,chem, maths, business, geography, citizenship (6)

8: physics, spanish, chinese (3)

7: english lit, english lang (2)

Would Leeds be too risky?
Reply 98
Original post by B7861
Well I’m gonna apply to Leeds anyway and see what happens as I’m also a2l (not sure if it makes much of a difference). I doubt though Leeds will change their whole selection process? Wouldn’t they keep it the same but obviously just substitute the BMAT for the UCAT

Sorry to sound dumb but what is a21? Is that contextual?
Original post by Shslini
Sorry to sound dumb but what is a21? Is that contextual?

Access to Leeds, yes it’s contextual offer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending