The Student Room Group

UCAS Offer Likelihood

October's coming to a close and I'm issuing a semi early application by the end of the month and I'm not too certain of how smart my choices were. For context, I'm at an A*BB (A* Economics, B Mathematics, B History) predicted and aiming to study financial Economics primarily but also accounting and finance. My choices are:

Accounting and Finance foundation year at City, University of London (BBB)
Economics and Finance, University of Exeter (A*AA-AAA with B grade req in maths?)
Accountancy and Economics, Glasgow (AAA-ABB)
Financial Economics, St Andrews (AAA-AAB)
Economics and Finance foundation year, University of Surrey (CCC)

I don't think my choices are too unrealistic but I am asking for insight here, I was initially going to choose UCL for Finance, stats and Econ instead of exeter but I felt my chances were close to none, not sure whether that was ideal. I imagine tieing financial economics with accounting and finance will be a little difficult but seems manageable. My top 2 choices are either St Andrews or City, I know St Andrews pretty competitive but am I very worse off?
Hi, I was at the St Andrews open day yesterday. While I can’t speak for your course choice, the person we spoke to from admissions made it very clear that when considering applications they do look at your personal statement very closely. They really want to see a passion for your choice of course and what additional things you have done to support this ( podcasts , ted talks etc doesn’t just have to be reading ). Hope that helps and good luck with your application.
Reply 2
Original post by thirdtimebuyer
Hi, I was at the St Andrews open day yesterday. While I can’t speak for your course choice, the person we spoke to from admissions made it very clear that when considering applications they do look at your personal statement very closely. They really want to see a passion for your choice of course and what additional things you have done to support this ( podcasts , ted talks etc doesn’t just have to be reading ). Hope that helps and good luck with your application.

Appreciate it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending