The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

I'm looking to apply to LSE for finance

But I've never seen a finance personal statement? Does anyone know where I can find one. What could I read when I apply to finance? Would it be okay to mention economics books in my personal statement?
Reply 1
As long as the economics books are relevant and complement your background, that should be fine. Are you applying for a bachelor's or master's?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by saritaj
As long as the economics books are relevant and complement your background, that should be fine. Are you applying for a bachelor's or master's?

So I should be fine reading only economics books when applying for a bachelors in finance?
Original post by Anonymous
But I've never seen a finance personal statement? Does anyone know where I can find one. What could I read when I apply to finance? Would it be okay to mention economics books in my personal statement?

Hey,

I’m looking to apply next year for the same course. What tips would you have and what are your grades like?

Thanks
Reply 4
Hi,

I don't have any tips as I'm struggling with what to put in my personal statement for finance still. I'm predicted 3A*s
Hi,

I don't have any tips as I'm struggling with what to put in my personal statement for finance still. I'm predicted 3A*s

Do you like Corporate Finance? :smile:

Why are you applying for Finance, without knowing what it entails? :s-smilie:
Reply 6
So I should be fine reading only economics books when applying for a bachelors in finance?

No, I meant its fine to 'mention' economic books if you find them relevant but I didn't say you would be fine just by reading them. Economics and Finance are different fields. A personal statement is not about what you know but rather why you are qualified (your passion, background experiences, skills etc) so reading books alone won't really help. You can start by visiting the LSE personal statement guideline and find out what they expect.

I talked about 'Animal Spirits', 'Financial Markets' (The course from Yale), 'The Intelligent Investor', and a book on Microeconomic game theory. Applied for Economics courses but Finance for LSE. PS was mainly about decision-making and asset valuation.
Reply 8
I talked about 'Animal Spirits', 'Financial Markets' (The course from Yale), 'The Intelligent Investor', and a book on Microeconomic game theory. Applied for Economics courses but Finance for LSE. PS was mainly about decision-making and asset valuation.

Did you get into LSE?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending