The Student Room Group
Phone the Australian thingy and ask. You'd be crazy to listen to what random TSRians tell you.
Reply 2
I've just applied to Bond Uni in Surfers Paradise, Queensland.

Sick of this UK place.
Reply 3
Hah, nice one :smile:. What course?
I am thinking of applying to Melbourne.
Reply 4
It's a Bachelor of Communication (Business), only a 2 year course (cheaper! haha)

http://www.bond.edu.au/study/courses/hss/ug/b-commun-bus01.html

Hope to be able to stay in Aus afterwards.
Reply 5
Oh, right. Sounds cool.

Why do you want to move there?
Reply 6
I travelled Australia earlier this year & fell in love with the place, it's such an amazing country I love it. Surfers has got the lowest cost of living, it's hot & sunny, the beach, the night life is amazing, it's nearish to Brisbane (Airport)... oh and the Uni looks amazing!
Reply 7
Wow, hey, sounds great :smile:. Best luck with your application. You only applying to one university though?
You surfed??

Thinking of going thear next year (february) or sometime in spring..but also considering NZ, Africa and Europe railroading :biggrin:.
Reply 8
I'm going to start looking at other Uni's too.. I learnt to surf while I was in Aus yeah & I wasn't too bad so Surfers Paradise is ideal for that!
Reply 9
Oh right, great. What are your opinions about Melbourne? As a place, as uni?

Where in Oz where you?
Reply 10
I loved Melbourne, that's the next place I will look to apply. Really nice city. There's a free tram that runs round the city which is cool, good music venue (Saw the Stereophonics there!!).

I travelled all of the East coast from Melbourne up to Carins.
Reply 11
Hey, awesome :smile:. How is the climate there? What about swimming possibilities? Sounds cool :smile:. Have not heard Stereophonics however :O.

Awesome :wink:.

I've actually sent my application off to Melbourne, but I haven't submitted my grade transcripts etc. (Need a police officer / head master to sign the stuff etc :/ )
Reply 12
I was looking at Melbourne, it said I have to send $100 AUD!!! Not so much swimming, the sea is a lot colder there, more rain in Melbourne.. It rained when I was there but I still loved it. Still.. an Australian 'winter' is a hell of a lot better than our summers!

I'm going to have a look through the web now for other Aussie Unis that look nice.

The Stereophonics are well worth listening too! Definately check them out.
Reply 13
Oh, yes I know! I've made my mother tell dad he should pay it :wink:, so I guess I will be ok. Remember, it is like 40£.
Oh, right. I met with one Aussie woman before, and she told me that it was like southern Germany. So I guess, it is not too bad :smile:. Sounds like a cool place.

Ah yeah. You want to study on the Australian costside?

I will check them out =).

Latest

Trending

Trending