The Student Room Group

Is my placement worth it

Hi,

So I have just started my placement working as an accounts receivable assistant for my university. I am studying econ and accounting at a decent uni (top 40). I'm hoping to go into accounting, preferably a chartered training contract, and I am just wondering if this year in industry would be worthwhile in terms of securing a graduate role.

Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.
Reply 1
Original post by AIex4
Hi,

So I have just started my placement working as an accounts receivable assistant for my university. I am studying econ and accounting at a decent uni (top 40). I'm hoping to go into accounting, preferably a chartered training contract, and I am just wondering if this year in industry would be worthwhile in terms of securing a graduate role.

Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.

Yes - it's hands-on experience.
Reply 2
Hi, thanks for the reply
I was just wondering because it's accounts receivable rather than pure accounting. Also the fact that it's based at my uni rather than an external company. Thanks (Original post by Muttley79)Yes - it's hands-on experience.

Original post by Muttley79
Yes - it's hands-on experience.
Reply 3
yes - absolutely. You are working in a large organisation, using software and developing skills. It will help hugely with grad job applications.
Reply 4
Original post by ajj2000
yes - absolutely. You are working in a large organisation, using software and developing skills. It will help hugely with grad job applications.

Nice, thanks, think I was just overthinking it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending