The Student Room Group

Law LLB Placement Year or Internship?

Hey! I’m about to start my law degree at Exeter and they offer a placement year. I was wondering if doing a placement year would be worth it, as well as taking on the additional years worth of expenses, or if I should just do an internship in the summer? Does a placement year make the difference in terms of employability etc? Thanks :smile:
Original post by dhuvas
Hey! I’m about to start my law degree at Exeter and they offer a placement year. I was wondering if doing a placement year would be worth it, as well as taking on the additional years worth of expenses, or if I should just do an internship in the summer? Does a placement year make the difference in terms of employability etc? Thanks :smile:

Hi!

I don't study Law so I'm not sure about the opportunities available in your field. However, I have just finished my placement year. I found that since I was there for an entire year I was able to work on bigger projects and become more involved with the team compared to summer internships. I was able to learn and develop lots more skills that will help my CV and the work I was doing had a greater impact giving me more to talk about in interviews. Most placements are paid as well so even though it's another year of expenses, they don't hit as hard as when you are a student!

Either way, you will get some great experience to add to your CV!

Hope this helps!
Florence (Lancaster University student ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending