The Student Room Group

Setting Up Someone I Know With A Friend

A friend of mine (18M), really likes a girl (18F) in my chemistry class. He fears that, if he asked her out, she would turn him down, because he’s not one of the ‘attractive’ boys at school (he’s not ‘ugly’ by any means). The girls (and boys) that know him, including myself, really rate his character and personality (he has been described as ‘husband material’ by the head girl) and think he would make a fantastic boyfriend. I probably agree that on the surface you wouldn’t think that he would make a good boyfriend, as he is quite quiet so these qualities don’t really appear unless you get to know him. I don’t the girl he likes particularly closely, but if he were to ask me to, is it appropriate to try and ‘sell him’ to her by telling her about these hidden qualities and asking her to give him a chance to show them? I think I’ll tell him to ask her out first because you never know, but if she does say no and it’s because of that, is it ok then? Obviously I can’t (and he wouldn’t want me to) make her doing anything, but is it worth an attempt?
I think yes - respect her wishes too, however (if she asks you to not talk about him, don't talk about him). Also, don't keep talking about him, also be a friend to her too!

Hope this helps

- Taylor :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending