The Student Room Group

I'm 18 19 in October and idk what to do

I want to go to uni back when I passed my GCSEs I decided I wanted to go into culinary school , but I've realised that it's not for me after going on a apprenticeship and , I really want to go back to education and get into Uni eventually but Idk what the best course of action would be best for me to do I'm thinking of doing an access to higher education course in science but I need answers and help , I'm scared for my future , I don't want to be stuck in this hole I've dug for myself , I need a way out.
Reply 1
Have a think about what you want to do, there's no way we can advise. You're 18, you're not exactly a mature student.

I got expelled at 16, did one term at a different school for sixth form and then left. Mid-20s I did my first degree, I'll start medical school around the age of 29-30. It's not a big deal.
Reply 2
I've realised it's mostly in my head im going to do psychology access course to get to uni to do a psychology degree and 4 year PhD and with some work experience in therapy I'm going to look to become a qualified therapist
Reply 3
Do a one year access course then go to uni, most people vary in age so it’s okay. Im 20 starting this September:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by anoraeb
Do a one year access course then go to uni, most people vary in age so it’s okay. Im 20 starting this September:smile:

Thank you soo much for the advice , I should of listened to my friend ages ago , that all the negativity and suicidal thoughts was all in my head and blocking my sight of what I could become and that I don't have to be a failure. I thought I had no passion but I know I want to help people. I'm going to find that passion and work hard thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending