The Student Room Group

GCSE

Guys I moved from Italy in 2021 I was meant to go to Year 10 but cuz of language problems I was put in Year 9, I just attended 2 months, then I went into Year 10 but we had lockdown for a few months like just 2, then I went into Year 11 and gave Gcse this year and failed most of them now because I couldn't get my 1st choice A level choices I will be resitting all my gcse as I wasn't happy with my grades at all and feel confident in studying independently with tutors and tuition etc... and give gcse next year and then finally join Sixth Form. By the time I join Sixth form I will be 18 years old is that a problem will I have any disadvantages or is it fine? Will unis mind my age even if I have goood grades and high? Or do they just look at grades? Again can i normally join sixth form at 18
Hiii!!! Idk if it will be a disadvantage but Im 19 and considering re taking GCSEs and doing A-Levels next year!! You’re never too old! But what course do you want to do after?
You have got this though!!!! 🤞🏼
Reply 2
Original post by futuremedgirl
Hiii!!! Idk if it will be a disadvantage but Im 19 and considering re taking GCSEs and doing A-Levels next year!! You’re never too old! But what course do you want to do after?

Heyy I wanna do medicine hbu?
Reply 3

got it, so like i wont have any problems getting admission at a Sixth form right??
Original post by enthjmk5e664
Heyy I wanna do medicine hbu?

Heyyy same 🥲
got it, so like i wont have any problems getting admission at a Sixth form right??

Not that I know of. You should be ok!
Reply 6
Not that I know of. You should be ok!

so like what happened and why u re sitting them again how old are u
so like what happened and why u re sitting them again how old are u

My mental health was very bad :frown: but I don’t have any diagnosis's so idk if Med school will accept me really.
I’m 19 I feel really old tbh so idk if I will re take and do medicine. I might just do something similar.
Why are you?

Quick Reply

Latest