The Student Room Group

Capped Late Submissions

Does anyone know if an essay that will be capped at 40% because its a late resit submission can be more than 10% under the word count? my essays usually average to 66% but i don't see the point in putting that much effort when its capped at 40%
If it’s significantly under the word count to the point that it would get a fail mark, that is something to consider. Best to keep within the limits to ensure you at least pass.
Original post by Anonymous
Does anyone know if an essay that will be capped at 40% because its a late resit submission can be more than 10% under the word count? my essays usually average to 66% but i don't see the point in putting that much effort when its capped at 40%

I would suggest checking with your department or going through the module handbook/site to see what the rules are on exams. If varies both from uni to uni and subject to subject.

My friend did geography and had a 10% above or below for his essays whereas I had a strict word bracket (I.e 3,600-4,000 words) that you could not go above or below.

Please do get in contact with your department to check.

Hope this helps,
Dom
Original post by Anonymous

When doing a retake its always best to aim for a "clear pass, well above threshold" rather than "minimal effort, just scraped by" so there is no argument about having to re-do the assessment again and any minor issues of word length etc dont end up with another fail.
Reply 4
Get out of that mindset and just give it your best go. If it's worth doing, it's worth doing properly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending