The Student Room Group

Nursing- elq second degree funding

Hello, i just have a question regarding student finance

I already hold a degree in Law and i had a change of hearts over the years and would like to go into Nursing…

I reached out to sf before and they said i would be eligible for both tuition fee and maintenance loan.

Long story short, i had my confirmation the other day and it said i will get 9k maintenance loan but no tuition fee due to ELQ? does anyone know if this is correct? im currently panicking as i wont be able to work while on placement and my maintenance loan will just about be enough to cover tuition fee🥺
Original post by liv_snm
Hello, i just have a question regarding student finance

I already hold a degree in Law and i had a change of hearts over the years and would like to go into Nursing…

I reached out to sf before and they said i would be eligible for both tuition fee and maintenance loan.

Long story short, i had my confirmation the other day and it said i will get 9k maintenance loan but no tuition fee due to ELQ? does anyone know if this is correct? im currently panicking as i wont be able to work while on placement and my maintenance loan will just about be enough to cover tuition fee🥺

Hi there, Please contact us direct so we can check on your funding query. You can do this by signing into your student finance account and accessing our live chat service where an advisor will be able to assist further. The service is available between 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday. Thanks, Angela
Reply 2
Hello, it does not let me on the live chat option and refers me back to main page. I have also called SF today but they basically said nursing is not an exception
Original post by liv_snm
Hello, it does not let me on the live chat option and refers me back to main page. I have also called SF today but they basically said nursing is not an exception

Hi there, Nursing is an exception if studied full time and the qualification gained is Degree or diploma level. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending