The Student Room Group

Rate your month out of 10: July Edition

How is it the end of July already? :yikes:

Give your month a score out of 10 for how good it's been.

What have you been up to?

Any highlights?

Highlight for me was a trip to Amsterdam last week :woo:
Absolutely beautiful, would definitely recommend. :yes:

And what's coming up for you in August?

:bl:
Started my first ever job and I'm really enjoying it (so far!)

I really want to go on holiday next month, probably won't tho... :sad:
Original post by 04MR17
How is it the end of July already? :yikes:

Give your month a score out of 10 for how good it's been.

What have you been up to?

Any highlights?

Highlight for me was a trip to Amsterdam last week :woo:
Absolutely beautiful, would definitely recommend. :yes:

And what's coming up for you in August?

:bl:

July gets a 6 from me. Weather been damp and drizzly, thought there’d be more of an opportunity to enjoy brighter days here but na typical. Been up to working and just making the bags 💰, back playing my beloved football :biggrin: 🧤. In August is the return of the EPL (English Premier League) in 2 weeks my team play on the 14th of August can’t wait football has been gone for way too long :heart:
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by taylor2317
Started my first ever job and I'm really enjoying it (so far!)

I really want to go on holiday next month, probably won't tho... :sad:

Congratulations and why not :smile:
Reply 4
I was away for the first week of it which was nice.

Been a mixed ba weather wise but it's been a nice month for me on the whole. A big positive has been a new connection with an old mate. Probably a solid 8.

Next month looks good. Got a huge night next Saturday with a great band (and I'm not just saying that cos I formed it!) and we're looking to be so busy we're opening 2 hours early, then the weekend after that I'm off to see a mate's band in Manc, then the week after that a coupe of days with the new woman. All good.

I do also have the final 2 assessments for my PGCHE to write, though, and my motivation is pretty much zero :lol:
(edited 9 months ago)
I think July gets a 6 from me :smile:
Working most of the week has been tough getting used to after finishing second year of uni, even if its just during the summer. Has been eye-opening getting used to it and what life could be like after university.
Original post by Mohammed_80
Weather been damp and drizzly

It's been ruddy soggy :frown:
Original post by Mohammed_80
Congratulations and why not :smile:

Ty!

Can't go abroad bc its SO expensive and we can't take the dog
Not old enough to go on holiday independently in the UK, it's also really expensive and weather-dependant (and been really bad this summer...)
Original post by 04MR17
It's been ruddy soggy :frown:

Typical for UK sadly
Original post by taylor2317
Ty!

Can't go abroad bc its SO expensive and we can't take the dog
Not old enough to go on holiday independently in the UK, it's also really expensive and weather-dependant (and been really bad this summer...)

Actually Taylor it isn’t bad depending on who you decide to take the flight with, skyscanner and love holidays have packaged holiday with great offers, discounts and savings why don’t you go with the family then…such as a sibling maybe or a close relative.
Meh, 4

Quick Reply

Latest