The Student Room Group

Call university during UCAS embargo

Am I allowed to call to university during the UCAS embargo to ask them to release me from my conditional offer? I already have my result (IB) and want to go into clearing. However, I need to be release from my firm choice.
Original post by ZaffyB
Am I allowed to call to university during the UCAS embargo to ask them to release me from my conditional offer? I already have my result (IB) and want to go into clearing. However, I need to be release from my firm choice.

You can call them but they may refuse to speak to you.

If you've missed your offer conditions then you'll need to ask them to REJECT you (they can only release someone who has an unconditional offer). That will pass your application on to your insurance choice if you have one.

During embargo periods any changes universities make won't show on UCAS Hub - you'd have to wait until the Hub is reconnected to the live database for that.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
You can call them but they may refuse to speak to you.

If you've missed your offer conditions then you'll need to ask them to REJECT you (they can only release someone who has an unconditional offer). That will pass your application on to your insurance choice if you have one.

During embargo periods any changes universities make won't show on UCAS Hub - you'd have to wait until the Hub is reconnected to the live database for that.

The thing is I met their entry requirements but not the specific subjects. I have called them and they are still considering me but I want to get into my clearing university.

I have also contacted UCAS and they said that the university needs to release me from my offer (conditional offer).
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by ZaffyB
The thing is I met their entry requirements but not the specific subjects. I have called them and they are still considering me but I want to get into my clearing university.

I have also contacted UCAS and they said that the university needs to release me from my offer (conditional offer).

If you no longer want to go there then you can ask them to reject you.
That's their only option at the moment (other than to make you unconditional).

Did you get the name and job title of the people you've spoken to at the university and at UCAS? UCAS call centre staff give out all kinds of nonsense this time of year because they have temps on the phones

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending