The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Uni of Bath

Hey everyone,

The wait for results day is killing me. To any existing Bath students, do you remember if Bath sent y’all an email before UCAS updated at 8am? I heard that some unis contact you as early as 6am but I was wondering if Bath does this.
Reply 1
No Uni is allowed to tell you anything until UCAS reopens.
Only then will they send out congratulations emails.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
they are not supposed to contact you early, has not stopped universities in the past but they definitely wouldn't do this as a matter of course. they would risk trouble with ucas for breaking embargo, this is a part of their contract with UCAS which lets them get results early.
(edited 8 months ago)
Hi there,

The lead up to results is both exciting and nerve-wracking. I've been where you are and it definetely filled my mind. The university will only contact you once your results have been released - UCAS will let you know your acceptance along with your results.

I know it's difficult but at this time there is no use dwelling. You have done all you can to get to where you are and regardless should be proud of yourself. Try not to worry twice.

Right now you should be taking a break after your hard work. Try meeting up with friends, doing some hobbies or maybe you have a part-time job for some extra money. Try keeping yourself occupied and relaxed to keep your mind off of results - nothing can be done until you know, just enjoy your time!

Most of all take care of yourself. I know anxiety can cause people to let their well-being slip but it'll help keep a positive mindset to make sure you and your body are looked after.

Good luck with it all and hope to see you here soon,

- Sophie (uni of Bath)
Does the portal update or only ucas hub? I’ve also seen on WIWIKAU fb many posts saying uni (firm or insurance) had sent an email prior to UCAS updating despite an embargo for 8am
Original post by Anonymous
Does the portal update or only ucas hub? I’ve also seen on WIWIKAU fb many posts saying uni (firm or insurance) had sent an email prior to UCAS updating despite an embargo for 8am

A few years ago the embargo on results was at 6am instead of 8am. This should now no longer happen. Not to say it won't happen to any applicants, (it might, a lot of courses are on UCAS and it only takes one making a mistake) but a university is misbehaving and breaking embargo if they are doing so.
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest