The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

University of Sheffield Clearing 2023

This is a thread to discuss the University of Sheffield for Clearing 2023.

You can find their current Clearing webpage is here >>

Find other Clearing discussions here on TSR >>

You can find more support in our Applications, Clearing and UCAS forum.

Good luck with everything!
Good luck to everyone waiting on receiving A Level results!

If anyone has any questions about studying at the University of Sheffield, or clearing, let me know!

Meg :smile:
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Does Sheffield publish clearing courses directly on their website and if so when? The website is very vague!!
Reply 3
Original post by jimmybonds007
Does Sheffield publish clearing courses directly on their website and if so when? The website is very vague!!

they are on their website now, click the “advance register now” and it pulls up a list of courses. there are courses missing from the list so i’m guessing these are either in clearing or likely to be in clearing. alternatively it could just be that the courses missing are definitely full.
Thanks. That's literally just been updated :smile:
I currently have a conditional to study at Sheffield, and I'm worried I won't meet my offer on results day - I know people say not to reapply through clearing for the same course at the same place, BUT if I went through clearing for a different (yet related) course, would that also be a waste of time?
I really want to study at Sheffield, and I did initially apply for (and got accepted into) two courses there - but I really don't know much about clearing!
If you meet the entry requirements for another course then you should definitely call on Thursday. But no point in calling about the same course if they've declined you. But I'm sure you'll be fine.
Hi,

Hope you all got the grades needed to get onto the course you wanted.
Does anyone have any questions about studying at the University of Sheffield.
I applied through clearing two years ago so if there is anything you want to know before term starts, please ask.

Lizzie (BSc Maths and Philosophy)
Hi .. appreciate it’s a little late to be of any use now, but my daughter also had a conditional at Uni of Sheffield at AAB. She got A*AC and Sheffield refused her. She immediately applied for the same course, at the same Uni through clearing and was accepted within 10 minutes. Course there could be a million reasons why (turns out she was only 5 marks off getting the B .. maybe that, plus course vacancies, plus leniency to near misses, plus she was already on the Sheffield ‘books’ as it was her firm .. who knows). Point being .. this shows that even if this was a one off, it can be done, even though her 6th form teachers also advised that her chances were low and not to get her hopes up. She didn’t give up on her absolute dream of going to Uni of Sheffield though and it paid off and she is of course buzzing !
Good luck to everyone in September 👍🏼
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
Hi .. appreciate it’s a little late to be of any use now, but my daughter also had a conditional at Uni of Sheffield at AAB. She got A*AC and Sheffield refused her. She immediately applied for the same course, at the same Uni through clearing and was accepted within 10 minutes. Course there could be a million reasons why (turns out she was only 5 marks off getting the B .. maybe that, plus course vacancies, plus leniency to near misses, plus she was already on the Sheffield ‘books’ as it was her firm .. who knows). Point being .. this shows that even if this was a one off, it can be done, even though her 6th form teachers also advised that her chances were low and not to get her hopes up. She didn’t give up on her absolute dream of going to Uni of Sheffield though and it paid off and she is of course buzzing !
Good luck to everyone in September 👍🏼

Hi! Does your daughter need accommodation? I have one available for £90 a week

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending