The Student Room Group

Feeling guilty of declining a covering shift

So I kind of feeeel guilty of not being able to cover for someone sickness at work can’t lie rn my contract is part time aka weeknd and Fridays but I’ve already been off sick for 4 weeks so missed all the weekends in a month but is because I injured myself at work so is not like I chose to do that. But when someone at work asks me to cover a shift for someone I don’t feel like it because is my day off but. At the same time I am free and if I did have smt planned for the day and not that important I still want to get it done , I feel like if I really wasn’t doing anything I would’ve went but I just feel guilty because Is like “they covered my shifts when I was sick” and is like I can’t do that for them, but again I didn’t choose to injure myself . Any advice on how I should really feel would be really helpful:smile:))
Don't feel guilty this happened to me, just do sth nice back to them to show appreciation, I baked a batch of cookies!
Reply 2
Depends a bit on how you’re been treated and how you feel about your job. Generally a bit of give and take is good at work, helping out when you can but with an understanding that this is appreciated and recognised in other ways when you need support
Original post by Zarek
Depends a bit on how you’re been treated and how you feel about your job. Generally a bit of give and take is good at work, helping out when you can but with an understanding that this is appreciated and recognised in other ways when you need support

I agree

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending