The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan much lower than expected

Hi

How accurate is the maintenance loan calculator on the gov website? I have received confirmation of my maintenance loan but it is about £2k lower than the calculator amount!!! How can I have this checked

One of my parents did the Pff2 form rather than online but this was queried as SFE put in the wrong National Insurance number. We telephoned them to correct this which they said they did and they said all information was in place to process the application. But now I have the minimum award I think something has not been done.

What can I do to have the corrected?
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Tropicalblast
Hi

How accurate is the maintenance loan calculator on the gov website? I have received confirmation of my maintenance loan but it is about £2k lower than the calculator amount!!! How can I have this checked

One of my parents did the Pff2 form rather than online but this was queried as SFE put in the wrong National Insurance number. We telephoned them to correct this which they said they did and they said all information was in place to process the application. But now I have the minimum award I think something has not been done.

What can I do to have the corrected?

Hi there, When did we receive the correct information? If you contact us direct we can check on the progress. You can do this by signing into your student finance account and accessing our live chat service where an advisor will be able to assist further. The service is available between 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending