The Student Room Group

Official: Anglia Ruskin University A100 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AHafez
I got a reply for my waitlist email but i didn’t for my alternative course email, is that normal? did anyone get a reply on their request for an alternative course?

I messaged last week and they still haven’t replied to me. I sent both in the same email.
Original post by Elz2981
Did anyone else get the offer holder / applicant day email?
I believe is an open day like previous ones??
Reply 382
Original post by Elz2981
Did anyone else get the offer holder / applicant day email?
Yep I received one 👍
Reply 383
Original post by Mumjourney
I believe is an open day like previous ones??
I think it’s more suited towards the course you are planning to take as I had to pick which course I was applying to when booking the applicant day
Original post by SJ3131
I think it’s more suited towards the course you are planning to take as I had to pick which course I was applying to when booking the applicant day
Ah, ok…thank you
Original post by Mumjourney
Ah, ok…thank you
Hi there,

Jumping on here to say Applicant Days are slightly different to Open Days!

Applicant Days are designed for prospective students to really immerse themselves into life at ARU. They will get to participate in different taster activities to give a flavour of the course, meet other offer holders and lecturers on the course, as well as receiving a free lunch 😋 There are also Q&A panels for any guests that come, along with accommodation and campus tours.

If you've got any questions around this, please feel free to send us a message 😊

Jemma
Original post by ARUOfficial
Hi there,
Applicant Days are designed for prospective students to really immerse themselves into life at ARU. They will get to participate in different taster activities to give a flavour of the course, meet other offer holders and lecturers on the course, as well as receiving a free lunch 😋 There are also Q&A panels for any guests that come, along with accommodation and campus tours.
If you've got any questions around this, please feel free to send us a message 😊
Jemma
Thank you so much! Very useful info, specially free lunch bit😅
Hi guys! I got an email that i’ll be placed on the reserve list but I’ve since had to make a change in my UCAS application as i originally forgot to add my passport 🤦🏻*♀️Is this reason enough for me to appeal my application and get it reconsidered?
Original post by ARUOfficial
Hi there,
Jemma
Hi, quick question I know some unis record their lectures online is that the same for anglia ruskin?
Original post by rational-cure
Hi, quick question I know some unis record their lectures online is that the same for anglia ruskin?
the recordings get uploaded after the lectures but the powepoints are either up at the begging of the semester or weekly depending on the lecturer
Original post by rational-cure
Hi there,

Lectures are recorded if possible but this can vary :smile:
has anyone else received an email today regarding the reserve list?
Original post by Jessica.x11x
has anyone else received an email today regarding the reserve list?

yeah I got one saying im unsuccessful but ill still remain on the reserve list or something like that?
I think they’re just saying that there will b no offers from the reserve list in time for the ucas deadline. We basically shouldn’t expect to hear anything at all for a very long time
Original post by wanicetea1
I got UCAT 2790 band 3. I'm international student. My GCSE 5 9s, 2 8s, 3 7s. Does university score SJT to get interview and offer? how many international student does university accept?
There is a cap for UK med school's intake for international students, which is set around 10%. Firstly, well done on you UCAT, not sure whether the Uni looks into SJT. All I would say is that you probably have to work more on the SJT, and a good A levels grade seems necessary in your case. The med school in the UK is getting more and more competitive nowadays.
has anyone firmed their offer yet? i’ve got 3 offers and i really liked aru but i’m kinda stuck on where to go
Reply 396
Original post by mariaiaiiia
has anyone firmed their offer yet? i’ve got 3 offers and i really liked aru but i’m kinda stuck on where to go

I haven’t firmed and I’m in the same situation- but I’ve narrowed it down to two 😭

Have you been able to visit where your 3 offers are at? Building a list of pros and cons can be very useful too.

If you really like ARU, what kind of reasons are stopping you from picking it?
Original post by KA_P
Have you been able to visit where your 3 offers are at? Building a list of pros and cons can be very useful too.
If you really like ARU, what kind of reasons are stopping you from picking it?

yep - i’ve visited aru twice, birmingham twice and my third offer is barts where i’m currently doing my undergrad. i want to start fresh and in a new environment but i’m obviously a city girl and the smaller cohort vibe at aru and the facilities (and the full body dissection) were drawing me there but i also really enjoyed the campus and the bigger cohort + diversity in birmingham. its more about where i can see myself growing comfortable over the next five years especially as a ‘mature’ student. i’ve got open days for both this month so hopefully i just feel with my gut because the pros/cons list is growing too long😭.
yep - i’ve visited aru twice, birmingham twice and my third offer is barts where i’m currently doing my undergrad. i want to start fresh and in a new environment but i’m obviously a city girl and the smaller cohort vibe at aru and the facilities (and the full body dissection) were drawing me there but i also really enjoyed the campus and the bigger cohort + diversity in birmingham. its more about where i can see myself growing comfortable over the next five years especially as a ‘mature’ student. i’ve got open days for both this month so hopefully i just feel with my gut because the pros/cons list is growing too long😭.

It's a good choice to attend the open days! It can definitely be a very difficult decision :console:
What is it about cohort sizing that might make you lean towards one or the other? Will you be living on campus or off campus, as this could also affect your choice?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending