The Student Room Group

Official: Anglia Ruskin University A100 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
hey i’m not sure if i can ask this question or if it would be breaking the confidentiality
but because the interview stations last 7 minutes does this mean we have to speak for 7mins or we can get asked more than one question in each station?
Reply 81
Original post by AHafez
hey i’m not sure if i can ask this question or if it would be breaking the confidentiality
but because the interview stations last 7 minutes does this mean we have to speak for 7mins or we can get asked more than one question in each station?

Anybody who knows for sure can't tell you and anyone else would just be speculating.
Has anyone had an interview yet?
Reply 83
Original post by username9908763

I believe the first interviews are Monday 4th or Tuesday 5th
Reply 84
Original post by username9908763

yep I had my interview on friday :smile:
Original post by AHafez
yep I had my interview on friday :smile:

How did it go? Im not asking for the questions btw just want to know how you found it!
Reply 86
Original post by Pringles2006
How did it go? Im not asking for the questions btw just want to know how you found it!

It was okay not my best and not my worst either 😅
If I would to give advice it would be to just not stress because I feel like I did worse on my first station than any of the others because I was nervous but the rest were fine
And the interviewers or they call them assessors are actually really nice so don’t worry about that
Original post by AHafez
It was okay not my best and not my worst either 😅
If I would to give advice it would be to just not stress because I feel like I did worse on my first station than any of the others because I was nervous but the rest were fine
And the interviewers or they call them assessors are actually really nice so don’t worry about that

ooo well congrats for getting through it! Only 3 more to go through now 😭. Thank you so much for the advice!
Reply 88
Original post by Pringles2006
ooo well congrats for getting through it! Only 3 more to go through now 😭. Thank you so much for the advice!

it’s alright, good luckk!!
Reply 89
Hey guys

Kind of random as I've not been on studentroom for ages, but I'm a 3rd year at ARU and saw loads of you waiting for interviews in the foyer on Friday. Realised it was that time of year again and just wanted to give you guys some encouragement as I remember being in your shoes not too long ago. I considered coming up and starting a reassuring chat then but didn't want to stress people out furher.

Just wanted to say you guys have got this! And my general advice is: Be yourself, and I know it sounds cheesy and stupid but I honestly mean it. Don't get bogged down by "ohmygod what do they want me to say here" - they just want to have a genuine conversation with you. Don't hash out learned answers - they will feel flat and fake. Learn some basic information of course, but apply it in your own way and state your own genuine opinion. There really is no wrong answer unless you're some kind of psycopath. I say this because ARU was one of my last interviews (during my second application cycle) and at that point I was so sick and tired of interviews I stopped trying so hard and it actually paid off! I went into my interview with a very laissez-faire attitude, (to the point I was worried I may have overdone it as I made one of my interviewers laugh), but in the end I think I got the offer because I let my actual personality shine through. Put up a mental blockade, and treat it as though you've been invited to participate in an intellectually stimulating debate at your school, do your best to enjoy it!

Also as a general encouragement for medicine itself: Don't let imposter syndrome get to you. Honestly there was a time I thought I'd never get in, especially as I failed the first time. I spent so much time worrying I wasn't "cut from the right cloth" - but now I'm in medical school and I've realised there is no "med student" type of person the way I was worried there would be. Everyone is unique with their own personalities and interests, and we're all still people. So don't worry about that, and believe me if you truly want it and stick with it, it's never impossible!

Feel free to ask me any questions about the course, and good luck again!
Reply 90
Original post by kktrian
Hey guys

Kind of random as I've not been on studentroom for ages, but I'm a 3rd year at ARU and saw loads of you waiting for interviews in the foyer on Friday. Realised it was that time of year again and just wanted to give you guys some encouragement as I remember being in your shoes not too long ago. I considered coming up and starting a reassuring chat then but didn't want to stress people out furher.

Just wanted to say you guys have got this! And my general advice is: Be yourself, and I know it sounds cheesy and stupid but I honestly mean it. Don't get bogged down by "ohmygod what do they want me to say here" - they just want to have a genuine conversation with you. Don't hash out learned answers - they will feel flat and fake. Learn some basic information of course, but apply it in your own way and state your own genuine opinion. There really is no wrong answer unless you're some kind of psycopath. I say this because ARU was one of my last interviews (during my second application cycle) and at that point I was so sick and tired of interviews I stopped trying so hard and it actually paid off! I went into my interview with a very laissez-faire attitude, (to the point I was worried I may have overdone it as I made one of my interviewers laugh), but in the end I think I got the offer because I let my actual personality shine through. Put up a mental blockade, and treat it as though you've been invited to participate in an intellectually stimulating debate at your school, do your best to enjoy it!

Also as a general encouragement for medicine itself: Don't let imposter syndrome get to you. Honestly there was a time I thought I'd never get in, especially as I failed the first time. I spent so much time worrying I wasn't "cut from the right cloth" - but now I'm in medical school and I've realised there is no "med student" type of person the way I was worried there would be. Everyone is unique with their own personalities and interests, and we're all still people. So don't worry about that, and believe me if you truly want it and stick with it, it's never impossible!

Thank you so much for the advice and encouragement
does anyone have an interview tomorrow? so soo nervous!
Reply 92
Original post by _starlighttt.

I do!! Im very very nervous 😬 good luck to you!
Original post by Jacintha
I do!! Im very very nervous 😬 good luck to you!

good luck to you too!!
Reply 94
Original post by _starlighttt.

I also do, I’m feeling the nerves as well, I’m sure we will smash it though!!
quick note to wish everyone the very best with interviews today
(please be extra cautious about what you say on here post interview- no iv content!)
Original post by kktrian
Hey guys

This is lovely. Thank you so much for taking the time to post this.

Esp pleased to hear there is no med student "type" as we are all so very different!

Congratulations for getting in and I hope the course is treating you well.
Well done to everyone today! I hope the experience wasn't too bad :smile:
Original post by kktrian
Hey guys

Hiya,
Can we also just add that these are lovely words of encouragement and what an inspiring story you have! Glad to have you at ARU 😊
If anyone does have questions or queries, please do feel free to get in contact with us!
#ARUProud
(edited 4 months ago)
Anyone receive a pre interview rejection?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending