The Student Room Group

Should I still care?

My sibling goes to uni. My sibling hasn't responded to any of my calls or my fam calls or text messages... for several days

I was really worried for my younger sibling. I called thousands of times and even emailed them to see if they were ok. I even tried calling the uni.

Thankfully, my sibling is OK.

I feel really hurt because my sibling only replied to my parent and my other sibling and not me.

They could of at least responded back to me because I was really worried for them too.

I couldn't eat and my anxiety level was through the roof. I thought something bad happened to them

Should I stop caring about my sibling?
Reply 1
You shouldn't stop caring. But perhaps you should stop being so intrusive, for want of a better word? They haven't answered your "thousands" of calls and texts - perhaps get the message that they don't want to talk to you right now and give them some space? Check with the rest of your family to put your mind at ease that they are safe, and leave it in their court to contact you when they are ready.
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by black tea
You shouldn't stop caring. But perhaps you should stop being so intrusive, for want of a better word? They haven't answered your "thousands" of calls and texts - perhaps get the message that they don't want to talk to you right now and give them some space? Check with the rest of your family to put your mind at ease that they are safe, and leave it in their court to contact you when they are ready.

yeah and keep tabs on them in a different way eg. snap map, life360, find my friends :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending