The Student Room Group

Should I risk clearing? (merged threads)

i got ABB and i am looking at City of London for my clearing option (they require AAB). im worried that if i call now, since they havent seen other candidates from results day who are going through clearing they will write me off, but do you think if i am calling with everyone else on results day i will have a better shot? please and thank you, i'd really appreciate it.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GSCE student
i got ABB and i am looking at City of London for my clearing option (they require AAB). im worried that if i call now, since they havent seen other candidates from results day who are going through clearing they will write me off, but do you think if i am calling with everyone else on results day i will have a better shot? please and thank you, i'd really appreciate it.

Call now, and if you don't get a clearing offer, call again on results day. They're not going to blacklist you and their requirements may change any time between now and the end of clearing.
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
Call now, and if you don't get a clearing offer, call again on results day. They're not going to blacklist you and their requirements may change any time between now and the end of clearing.

i love you so much
i love you so much

If only other TSR users were so in touch with their emotions. :smile:
Reply 4
What’s their number I need to call them about a course

what do you wanna do there?
Original post by Xzizzi
What’s their number I need to call them about a course

Either the clearing number on their website or the general admissions line. Either may only appear from 8am tomorrow.
Reply 7
Original post by greenie emsaph
what do you wanna do there?

psychology
Reply 8
can i still call up another uni and ask for a course after (if) already securing a place at one i already called before?
You can get as many verbal offers as you can, yeah.
have i gotta reject this offer on ucas website to be eligible for clearing? is it like taking a chance? can i call without rejecting the offer in case i dont get it if this is the case?
You can call, but they may not be willing to make you an offer until you are actually in clearing.

Clearing is for unplaced students, not shopping around for current offer holders.
You can call, but they may not be willing to make you an offer until you are actually in clearing.

Clearing is for unplaced students, not shopping around for current offer holders.

really helpful. do you mind if i explain my exact situation, and can you help me make an informed decision? if you dont mind- i have no teachers or council and im not sure if im taking the right chances entering clearing :frown:
really helpful. do you mind if i explain my exact situation, and can you help me make an informed decision? if you dont mind- i have no teachers or council and im not sure if im taking the right chances entering clearing :frown:

I would recommend posting in the AL results day thread as several forum helpers are watching it so you’ll be able to get some qualified advice. Individual threads like this one may get missed and I’ll be off to bed shortly.
I would recommend posting in the AL results day thread as several forum helpers are watching it so you’ll be able to get some qualified advice. Individual threads like this one may get missed and I’ll be off to bed shortly.

okayyyy thank you for everything admit one. sleep well!
pls help- i got my reuslts last year and i got an offer from goldsmiths. i want to call clearing for city of london, they reuqire AAB, i got ABB. i alr applied before and was rejected. should i risk it and go into clearing?
pls help- i got my reuslts last year and i got an offer from goldsmiths. i want to call clearing for city of london, they reuqire AAB, i got ABB. i alr applied before and was rejected. should i risk it and go into clearing?

Call them at 8 tomorrow if they say they will give you an offer ask them to send you an email then go into clearing

You can always call and find out what your options are, they wont be able to make you an offer till you reject your current choices but they will be able to advise.
can i still call up another uni and ask for a course after (if) already securing a place at one i already called before?

You can call up and get information but they can't make you an official offer till you drop your current ones on UCAS.

Hi, yes, if you haven't applied for a Clearing course yet then you can get yourself multiple offers over the phone and pick one to apply for.

(If you've already applied for a Clearing choice, then you can change your mind if you really want to let us know if that's your position when Clearing choices can be added after 1pm!)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending