The Student Room Group

Where to retake A-Levels at 18?

I have completed my A-Levels this year and want to retake, but I need to be in full time studying for housing benefits and stuff, so I don't think I can be a private candidate. I need to find colleges or sixth forms that let me start at Year 2 because I don't wanna waste two years instead of one. I am 18 as of now and do not turn 19 until the course ends next year and still funded by the government for education. Does anyone know any colleges or sixth forms in London that allow this? For extra info, I got good GCSEs was getting straight As and got many RG offers, but i fluked my actual results.

Many thanks!
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by euwni
I have completed my A-Levels this year and want to retake, but I need to be in full time studying for housing benefits and stuff, so I don't think I can be a private candidate. I need to find colleges or sixth forms that let me start at Year 2 because I don't wanna waste two years instead of one. I am 18 as of now and do not turn 19 until the course ends next year and still funded by the government for education. Does anyone know any colleges or sixth forms in London that allow this? For extra info, I got good GCSEs was getting straight As and got many RG offers, but i fluked my actual results.

Many thanks!

Surely you should wait for your results before thinking about this because you don’t know how well you have done yet ?
Reply 2
Original post by user123456324
Surely you should wait for your results before thinking about this because you don’t know how well you have done yet ?

I know for a fact that I'm going to retake regardless want to take a 'gap year' and also apply to a new university anyway but need to be in full time education for child benefits, plus I need sort this out with my parents early.

Quick Reply

Latest