The Student Room Group

stay at home or movie into uni accom

I can drive and i have a car, the university that im going to is a 20 minute drive away, i really don’t want to miss out on the full uni experience and for finances my student loan covers the whole accommodation costs and i have a job for any living expenses. Is it worth it to move into halls?
It’s worth trying it to see if you prefer it to living at home.
You can always move back home if you’re unhappy
Original post by Anonymous
I can drive and i have a car, the university that im going to is a 20 minute drive away, i really don’t want to miss out on the full uni experience and for finances my student loan covers the whole accommodation costs and i have a job for any living expenses. Is it worth it to move into halls?

Hello,

Based on what you’ve said here, I don’t see why you shouldn’t try out the uni accommodation. While there are benefits to driving yourself, such as saving money, I think the experience of living with other students is a valuable step forward into your own independence as an adult.

If it’s not for you, you don’t have to remain in student accommodation of course, and because you’re 20 minutes away from home you can visit whenever you want, it’s not as if you’re stuck in that accommodation because you have that option available being close to home.

But yes, I would say it’s worth the experience living with other people. It’s a great step into maturity and adulthood :smile:

Hope this helps,
Dom
Original post by Anonymous

Hi there,

I also lived not too far away from university and chose to live in student accommodation for my first year. I really enjoyed being able to have my own space and independence away from home and meet new flat mates. Being on campus also gave me super easy access to places like the library and sports centre where I had joined a society. You could always try student accommodation out and see if you like it?

All the best,
Sarah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending