The Student Room Group

Halls at man met

Starting at MMU later this year god willing, and planning to stay in the uni's halls. I'm alternative but not a social outcast so i want to get a decent freshers experience lol. any particular accom u would reccomend?
Original post by h4ppym0nday
Starting at MMU later this year god willing, and planning to stay in the uni's halls. I'm alternative but not a social outcast so i want to get a decent freshers experience lol. any particular accom u would reccomend?
Hi @h4ppym0nday!

You can view our accommodation on our webpage here, where you'll be able to look at location, price, facilities, etc.
I can't recommend any accommodation from a students perspective (maybe @Manchester Met - Student Rep can?) but honestly, the experience is what you make of it. E.g. if you put yourself out there then you'll likely have a good social experience!

If you come along to an applicant visit day you'll get the chance to take an accommodation tour which will help your decision making process (always good to see things in person rather than just looking at pictures!) and you'll be able to speak with student ambassadors who'll give their opinions about living in halls.

I hope this helps!!

Chloe😀
Original post by h4ppym0nday
Hi there @h4ppym0nday
Every year the vibes of accoms change just depending on who decides to go! Do you have a price point you are trying to stick with? Also what are you studying, so you could get accom as near as there as possible.
I’d say that Cambridge North and South are very very sociable . When I went there was lots of hall parties, events and mingling with other flats. These are commonly big halls of 10 students in a flat and 2 toilets between them.
I’d recommend Dwell accom - this is slightly less wild but still sociable and really lovely rooms and facilities. There is commonly 4 people per room, lots of international students go here too! This is private accommodation, so multiple from different uni’s go!
Archways is a lovely modern accom, in lovely flats right near Manchester Met’s Health (Brooks Building). It’s got a beautiful courtyard and beautiful big kitchens.
Cavendish is very similar to Cambridge but I’d say the rooms are more modern, more facilities ( like a cinema room you can use ) but often the halls have 11/12 people in each.
These are just to name a few ^
There are so many others, different styles of house/flat, prices and locations to choose from. I’d say all accommodations will embrace your alternative and social style! But what’s important is where you feel most comfortable and at home! You can book private tours to of these accoms, or go on group tours!

Don’t hesitate to ask anymore questions

Emily
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending