The Student Room Group

Confusion with my eligibility

Hi, sorry if this is going to be confusing,

I've been to university for 1 year and 1 term previously before dropping out due to becoming sick from covid and also receiving a late ADHD diagnosis (untreated symptoms as well). I'm aware this 1 term registers as me having used two years total of student finance.

I'm submitting a Compelling Personal Reasons case with my already-submitted application anyways, but given my application is in the "Processing Application" stage, is it going to decline if I've already used two out of four available loan years?
Original post by callumm26
Hi, sorry if this is going to be confusing,

I've been to university for 1 year and 1 term previously before dropping out due to becoming sick from covid and also receiving a late ADHD diagnosis (untreated symptoms as well). I'm aware this 1 term registers as me having used two years total of student finance.

I'm submitting a Compelling Personal Reasons case with my already-submitted application anyways, but given my application is in the "Processing Application" stage, is it going to decline if I've already used two out of four available loan years?

Hi there, How long is your new course for? Thanks, Angela
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, How long is your new course for? Thanks, Angela

I'm still looking for a place given I'm applying through clearing. Due to my grades it might end up being 4 years with a foundation year but I'm hoping I won't have to do a foundation year.
Original post by callumm26
I'm still looking for a place given I'm applying through clearing. Due to my grades it might end up being 4 years with a foundation year but I'm hoping I won't have to do a foundation year.

Hi there, Thanks for advising. The way we calculate previous study affecting entitlement is as follows: New course length + 1 additional year = entitlement - minus any previous study (2 years for yourself) = remaining full entitlement. We can also consider evidence of Compelling Personal Reasons for an additional year of funding to be awarded as you have mentioned. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending