The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Official University of Kent 2023 Applicant Thread

Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Kent for 2023!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:

Scroll to see replies

Applied for chemistry (mchem) and got an offer on 18th oct!
Currently studying chem, bio and maths
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Currently waiting for an admissions decision from the school of psychology for MSc Cognitive Psychology and Neuropsychology. I applied on September 17, and have just finished providing additional information about my statistics knowledge from my current program. Any tips for waiting? Is this a good sign that they are taking this long?
Original post by Jbc1998
Currently waiting for an admissions decision from the school of psychology for MSc Cognitive Psychology and Neuropsychology. I applied on September 17, and have just finished providing additional information about my statistics knowledge from my current program. Any tips for waiting? Is this a good sign that they are taking this long?

Hi there!

I can understand how frustrating it can be to wait to hear back from universities after you've sent out your application. If it helps, while you are waiting, you can contact the admission office for the School of Psychology as they will be able to give you more answers and information on next steps. These are their contacts: T: 01227768896 E: [email protected].

Congratulations for sending in your application and I am sure that, as frustrating as it is, waiting is still part of the process. I hope it all goes smooth for you and best of luck!

Tracy
UKC Rep
Hello, im applying for psychology at Kent uni and im doing psychology business and sociology at sixth form at the minute xxx :smile:
Original post by aidyn.mcguigan
Hello, im applying for psychology at Kent uni and im doing psychology business and sociology at sixth form at the minute xxx :smile:

Hi there!

Massive congratulations on getting your application to the university and for preparing for your course. I don’t know if you’ve had time to visit the Canterbury campus, but I hope that all the information you’ve found so far is inspiring ☺️ if you have any questions about the course and the university, drop your question in this thread.

Best of luck with your studies!

Tracy
UKC Rep
Hi!

I have received an offer to study BSc Psychology at the University of Kent starting September 2023. I came across a different course called BSc Psychology with Forensic Psychology which is similar (with many overlapping modules) and has interested me a lot. I am wondering if it would be possible to switch from the BSc Psychology program to the BSc Psychology with Forensic Psychology program now after having applied and received an offer from the university and if so, how/when would I go about doing that? Is that something I should do before I start university in the fall or should I wait until the program begins to do it?

Thanks!
Reply 7
I have applied for MSc Cognitive Psychology too! I've only just applied, so fingers crossed! Good luck on your application!
Original post by Jbc1998
Original post by tokyo2023
Hi!

I have received an offer to study BSc Psychology at the University of Kent starting September 2023. I came across a different course called BSc Psychology with Forensic Psychology which is similar (with many overlapping modules) and has interested me a lot. I am wondering if it would be possible to switch from the BSc Psychology program to the BSc Psychology with Forensic Psychology program now after having applied and received an offer from the university and if so, how/when would I go about doing that? Is that something I should do before I start university in the fall or should I wait until the program begins to do it?

Thanks!

Hi there!

It's great to hear that you will be joining us in September! Kent is a great university and I hope you will enjoy studying here. When it comes to changing course, it's best to contact the division you will be joining (in your case, the School of Psychology) and discuss further steps with them. They might ask you to fill a request form which will go through a series of approvals before you can get your answer. If you are looking to change course before the start of term in September, feel free to reach out to your division as soon as you can just to avoid any hiccups down the line :smile:

I will drop a few contacts and links that you can use to reach out to different departs to get more directions.

This is the university number where the admissions team might be able to help you: Tel: +44 (0)1227 764000
This is the link to a portal to ask the admissions team questions if you can't reach them by phone: rhttps://evision.kent.ac.uk/urd/sits.urd/run/siw_ipp_lgn.login?
This is the link to all School of Psychology contacts (you might want to look at this): process=siw_ipp_enq&code1=enq_gen&code2=&code4=ipr_ipp5=10
https://www.kent.ac.uk/psychology/contact-us

I really hope this helps and best of luck with getting into the course!

Tracy :smile:
UKC Rep
Original post by StrawberryDreams
Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Kent for 2023!

Ice breaker questions:

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:

Course: LLB Law with Management
Subjects: Level 3 BTEC Business National Diploma + A level IT

Hi, I just received an offer for my course, however, the offer only shows on KentVision, and not on UCAS. Does anyone know how long it takes for it to show up on UCAS? Let me know, thanks.
Hi!

Ice breaker questions:

Im pretty sure Im coming to Kent in September to study law with a foundation year however, i am really into music and wonder is there any scene at Kent i.e. musicians, people in bands, venues to play, gig opportunities- any info would be appreciated.
Original post by christianicholls
Im pretty sure Im coming to Kent in September to study law with a foundation year however, i am really into music and wonder is there any scene at Kent i.e. musicians, people in bands, venues to play, gig opportunities- any info would be appreciated.

Hi there we're so happy to hear that you may be joining us in September!
As for the music scene in Canterbury, we are very lucky where we are, a lot of pubs in town and the surrounding areas of the university host gigs for small local bands and are easy to contact if you were interested on doing some gigs there.
Our own sports bar Woodys also holds music nights for students to come and perform in front of a live audience!
At the University of Kent, we also have multiple societies for live music, metal, DJing and musical theatre etc.
If you are interested at looking for other live gigs, then we are close to music venues in Rochester, Margate and we also have great transport links to London.
I hope this helps,
Beth, UKC Rep
Hi!

Ice breaker questions:

I have applied for an MSc in Forensic Psychology and have yet to hear back. Really excited about Kent as it is my first choice university - fingers crossed, really hoping to get in!
Original post by sarahviv
I have applied for an MSc in Forensic Psychology and have yet to hear back. Really excited about Kent as it is my first choice university - fingers crossed, really hoping to get in!

Fingers crossed you hear something soon - how exciting! Good luck :biggrin:

hey! Good luck! I applied for architecture at Kent in October and still haven’t heard back, I sent them an email a couple of days ago and they apologised and said they will look at my application urgently. If you’ve been waiting months like me, it might be worth emailing them to ask for any updates!! Good luck 😃😃
I've applied and received an offer for BSc Psychology with clinical Psychology and a year in industry, and am currently studying Biology, Psychology and Sociology!
Original post by InesMcCallum
hey! Good luck! I applied for architecture at Kent in October and still haven’t heard back, I sent them an email a couple of days ago and they apologised and said they will look at my application urgently. If you’ve been waiting months like me, it might be worth emailing them to ask for any updates!! Good luck 😃😃

How long do you reckon I should wait before I email? I applied just over a month ago I think, I don't want to be impatient but I'm also dying to know if I got a place!
Has anyone else received an offer for Business Psychology?
How long do you reckon I should wait before I email? I applied just over a month ago I think, I don't want to be impatient but I'm also dying to know if I got a place!

I applied in October so I was really worried as I hadn’t heard anything! There is no harm in sending an email asking for any updates, they might be able to give you some information! Good luck 😃

Hello there

Sorry you haven't heard anything yet, our admissions team are currently dealing with a lot of applications so this process may take some time. The deadline for Universities to make offers is May, so I know this can be frustrating but our admissions team will respond as quickly as they can.

In the meantime, I would recommend regularly checking your applicant portal through Kent Vision ( https://evision.kent.ac.uk/urd/sits.urd/run/siw_lgn ) in case you are contacted through there. And just double check your email folders including spam and junk incase you miss your email.

If you would like to follow this up further you can contact us here: [email protected] or 01227768896

Hope this helps
Good Luck with your application

Adam - Uni of Kent Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending