The Student Room Group

I drunkenly kissed another girl, can he forgive me?

I had been with my bf about 1 year and a half. Was on a night out with friends and got really drunk. By the end of the night (must have been last 20 mins but I cannot remember), some of my group had left and the rest of us danced with people from a society we are in. I danced with a girl I'd never spoken to before and do not find attractive. I did not mean anything flirty by it, but she kissed me and I did not push her away or say I had a bf. I identify as straight because sex with women does not appeal to me. I rang my bf the next morning, broke up with him and told him why. I am going to stop drinking and it doesn't feel like a massive sacrifice/ challenge. I know I have cheated, but I want to learn from it and do better. We have talked about trying again in the future, but I don't know if he will be able to forgive me and what I can do to build trust. I know trust is the issue but some of the context makes me feel we could work through it?
Reply 1
probably, if you talk t him well, probably over a coffee date.
Talk it through and see what happens.
Reply 3
It’s only a fleeting drunken snog for goodness sake
Original post by SmartguyM
probably, if you talk t him well, probably over a coffee date.

How do I talk about it well?
Original post by blackcurrantt
I had been with my bf about 1 year and a half. Was on a night out with friends and got really drunk. By the end of the night (must have been last 20 mins but I cannot remember), some of my group had left and the rest of us danced with people from a society we are in. I danced with a girl I'd never spoken to before and do not find attractive. I did not mean anything flirty by it, but she kissed me and I did not push her away or say I had a bf. I identify as straight because sex with women does not appeal to me. I rang my bf the next morning, broke up with him and told him why. I am going to stop drinking and it doesn't feel like a massive sacrifice/ challenge. I know I have cheated, but I want to learn from it and do better. We have talked about trying again in the future, but I don't know if he will be able to forgive me and what I can do to build trust. I know trust is the issue but some of the context makes me feel we could work through it?

Perhaps it depends on whether you've cheated before?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending