The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA L2 Further maths and A-level OCR maths

I studied GCSE further maths (aqa)this year and next year I’ll be in sixth form. Just wanna know what content does GCSE further maths (aqa) are overlapped with OCR A-level maths and I’ll be taking it in the coming term.

Also, I would like to know if it’s worth to take OCR A-level further maths as the 4th subject. The subjects I will take are chemistry, physics, maths( and maybe further maths )My school will teach the whole A-level normal maths in year 12 and start further maths in year13. As I mentioned , I’ve studied gcse further maths and I believe it will help a bit. For my career path, I hope to become an engineer or other similar jobs.

Hope y’all can give me some ideas or advise.
AQA L2 further maths doesn't have a huge amount in common with A level maths (irrespective of the exam board). Granted you will need basic differentiation and some of the algebra covered in L2 further maths for the first year of A level maths, but matrices are only something you'll need to worry about if you take A level further maths and the remainder of L2 further maths is essentially the harder higher tier GCSE content.

If you are looking at becoming an engineer, A level FM is a very sensible qualification to have. I would look into some universities that interest you (preferably look for courses with a placement year as that will help you land a job) and see what the A level subject requirements are.

Quick Reply

Latest