The Student Room Group

Finding a flat

I start work on September 11th and wondering wether I should choose a flat now now which is slightly expensive or wait a little longer for a cheaper one that may come.
Im just worried once a level results come out the flats will all be bought off by uni students.
Reply 1
Where are you going to work?
Original post by ibyghee
I start work on September 11th and wondering wether I should choose a flat now now which is slightly expensive or wait a little longer for a cheaper one that may come.
Im just worried once a level results come out the flats will all be bought off by uni students.

Hey there @ibyghee !

If you go onto Facebook and type in your university followed by 'housing' or 'flats' or 'accommodation', there will be groups where people post in it tenancies that need taking over. Close to results day, a couple of people may not get into their first choice universities but will have already signed their contract. If you take over someone's tenancy, it effectively works the same way as renting for yourself. You just have to sign contract to say you're taking it over.

In terms of choosing now, there's always the tenancy takeover option as I've mentioned but there is a chance that flats will have gone by the time you get past results day. A lot of one-person flats will have gone so you may have to go into a house share. I say the majority because it's so unpredictable. There's every chance there could be some left by results day but the best way I advise to make sure you get one is to check out those Facebook groups.

Hope this helped!
Lucy - Digital Student Ambassador SHU

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending