The Student Room Group

Can someone explain how grades work for universities

I am going to be applying to universities to study pharmacy as of September 2023. The universities I want to apply to say that they require "AAB". Would the A grades in their entry requirements have to be in Chemistry specifically and another science subject, or any of the subjects I do for A-levels as long as they are two A's eg. Mathematics and psychology are both A's but chemistry is a B
Reply 1
The university will explicitly specify what grades they want in what subjects. If they don't then they just want AAB in any subjects.
Original post by metricmetric
I am going to be applying to universities to study pharmacy as of September 2023. The universities I want to apply to say that they require "AAB". Would the A grades in their entry requirements have to be in Chemistry specifically and another science subject, or any of the subjects I do for A-levels as long as they are two A's eg. Mathematics and psychology are both A's but chemistry is a B

Hello,

What the grades are is what they want you to achieve before being accepted onto their course. Occasionally they’ll accept people with a grade lower but that’s never guaranteed.

Usually on the course page it’ll tell you what grades you need to achieve and if you need a specific grade in a specific subject.

As a literature student my offer was AAA with an A in English Literature
However, by making it my firm choice they dropped the conditions to AAB with an A in literature.

The university page usually specifies the exact requirements so if it doesn’t label that you need a specific grade in Chemistry, then I would say contact the university to make sure, rather than assume it means you don’t need that grade to be an A.

Hope this helps,
Dom
Original post by metricmetric

As above, they will make clear if they require a specific grade in a specific subject. This will either be on their admissions pages or stated in your offer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending