The Student Room Group

My grades don’t meet my conditional offer

Hi everyone So I got a conditional offer from MMU but my grades were already out (I went to school in New Zealand) The condition MMU asked me for is NCEA with Merit/Excellent endorsement, but I’m 6 credits away from getting a Merit. Will there be any chance that I will be accepted at all?

fyi the course I applied for is Product Design

If you want to know how NCEA credits and grading work I can explain, please let me know
(edited 12 months ago)
hmmmmm I would try reasoning with teachers, but you can always go through clearing and negotiate
Original post by pmrse
Hi everyone So I got a conditional offer from MMU but my grades were already out (I went to school in New Zealand) The condition MMU asked me for is NCEA with Merit/Excellent endorsement, but I’m 6 credits away from getting a Merit. Will there be any chance that I will be accepted at all?

I you want to know how NCEA credits and grading work I can explain, please let me know

If you dont meet an offer the university can reject you. Whether they will depends on how much you miss the offer by and the number of spaces left to fil. If you miss by miles the likelyhood is you will be rejected but only the university can say that.
Original post by veetee1234
hmmmmm I would try reasoning with teachers, but you can always go through clearing and negotiate

it doesnt work like that. If you miss the grades nothing your teachers can do.
Reply 4
Original post by swanseajack1
If you dont meet an offer the university can reject you. Whether they will depends on how much you miss the offer by and the number of spaces left to fil. If you miss by miles the likelyhood is you will be rejected but only the university can say that.

I don’t think I missed a lot. Let me explain how the NCEA thing works a little bit. So every unit has their different credits, and there’re 4 achievements endorsements you can get from highest to lowest 1 Excellent 2 Merit 3 Achieved 4 Not Achieved(Fail) I final grades contain majority for Excellent and Merit but I unfortunately only got an Achieved from one unit which contains 6 credits.

I needed to collect 46 credits from any subjects. I collected 40 credits, which made me missed the overall endorsements that MMU asked for.
Reply 5
Original post by pmrse

I you want to know how NCEA credits and grading work I can explain, please let me know

It will depend how many meet their offer and how many students they want. No-one can tell you really.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending